Another obligatory New PM-833TV and PM-1340GT Ordered!

I've used a number of Feed & Speed calculators. Just downloaded FSWizard and immediately, I like it very much. Went back online and bought the Pro version. Great recommendation again David, thanks much.

EDIT
One caveat ........can access the cloud from my PCs and Huawei Android phone just fine. However, My Nexus 7 cannot access the cloud to get to saved tool data, I get "Error! Request Aborted"
Have no idea how to resolve this! Sent an email to the developer, hope they can resolve it.
The Nexus 7 is used on the shopfloor.
Excellent app otherwise.
FINAL EDIT
The cloud save feature suddenly started working on the Nexus tonight. Totally happy with this app now!

Last edited:
Made my lathe spider that doubles for a RPM magnet holder I plan on JB Welding on. Still need to make brass thumb screws for dialing in stock.

E8C7101B-8EA0-44C0-8330-68E22AFFAE1C.jpeg

Question for folks with bench type mills.

When I lock my Z axis gib on my 833TV, There is evidence I have a significant amount of nod in my machine. At one point I took both gib adjusting bolts out to see how far I can work the gib into the slide, and the gib extended out the bottom of the assembly several inches before everything locked up. Several meaning like 3 inches.

Is this normal, or do I need to contact PM about getting another gib and work on re-fitting it to my mill?

Question for folks with bench type mills.

When I lock my Z axis gib on my 833TV, There is evidence I have a significant amount of nod in my machine. At one point I took both gib adjusting bolts out to see how far I can work the gib into the slide, and the gib extended out the bottom of the assembly several inches before everything locked up. Several meaning like 3 inches.

Is this normal, or do I need to contact PM about getting another gib and work on re-fitting it to my mill?
Well, when you find out let me know! My 833T is the same way, except my gib only extends about an inch or so. There is no way this can be normal. I experienced the same nod as you, but I have just not taken the time to follow up with PM. Heck, mine is old enough that it may not even be in warranty anymore.

I owned an 833TV for awhile. On my X axis the gib extended past quite a bit. The gib adjustment bolt was about ready to fall out it was so bad. I contacted PM and they sent me a new gib but it was rough and I had to fit it myself. I sold the machine before I ever got around to doing that. My Z axis gib was just fine.

OK, so after I hit send, I got curious and chucked up a Mitutoyo DTI and measured the nod.

I am seeing negative .004" over 10 inches. 4 thou over 10 inches and the nod is a negative value, so I THINK it should grow more accurate before it starts getting less accurate.

Is 4 thou over 10" good enough for hobby work?

OK, so after I hit send, I got curious and chucked up a Mitutoyo DTI and measured the nod.

I am seeing negative .004" over 10 inches. 4 thou over 10 inches and the nod is a negative value, so I THINK it should grow more accurate before it starts getting less accurate.

Is 4 thou over 10" good enough for hobby work?
That's a lot better than mine. I was measuring roughly .015" in about 9" or travel. I was told the spec is .1 mm per 100 mm of travel. Or roughly .004" in 4 inches. You are less than half that.

Back