Another obligatory New PM-833TV and PM-1340GT Ordered!

OK so the past few days have been about taking the machine apart when I am not working at my real job, and cleaning, planning, moving, staging for re-assembly. I still need to run power for the machine, and I would like to also run 110V after the on/off switch so I can kill power to machine and all accessories with one flip of a switch. Disassembly has been quite easy on this machine, and the resulting parts have been manageable solo.

Here are a few pictures of the process, and some commentary on the good and meh.

Mill is going to go here. I plan on running 4x10AWG runs through 1/2" Conduit on a dedicated 30A breaker for the machine, DRO and power feeds. Electric will go to a 220V switch first, to power everything up, then to a 220V outlet for the machent to plug into. After the plug I will likely run a bank of 4 outlets off one leg of the 220V for the machine. I am considering calling an audible though, and running 3/4" conduit so I can get unstitched 110V to the opposite wall first, and then backwire to a switch and then machine and bank of a separate 110V outlets.
tempImaget9Md0t.jpg

Here is the X table off the machine. The bottom of the casting was unpainted, and not coated, so it began to develop rust. I wire brushed this, and knocked off the loose rust, then wiped down with WD-40 to clean it
tempImageH1fPr3.jpg

After cleaning the surface rust a bit, I treated both castings with Fluid Film. Mostly on the areas that will be hidden, and likely not to get any lubrication and or love once the machine is back together. I plan on repeating this process on the base and column. These 2 pieces will remain together for the final move to the basement. Planning on ratchet strapping that to a dolly, and 2 manning it down the exterior steps at my house. With everything else removed, it should be manageable.
tempImageCx9aZr.jpg
tempImageeI6yZH.jpg

Are you single? My wife can tolerate some things...but placing a milling table on the quartz kitchen counter is not one of those... :D

Are you single? My wife can tolerate some things...but placing a milling table on the quartz kitchen counter is not one of those... :D
LOL! No, but I have conditioned her over the years to expect some off-putting behavior...like when I repainted and baked my brake calipers in our oven.

tempImageLDzT6O.jpg

tempImageHeHmtI.jpg

UPDATE - Got the Z and X power feeds installed, and started to install the DRO. When I opened the box for the head unit, I discovered it was the MX100 and not the MX200 with graphics, so I had to stop.

Here is how I left it last night.
tempImageXF3oEI.jpg

I also made my first part. Machined the T-nut for my QCTP for the lathe.

tempImageeXhzA4.jpg

Looks like you're having fun and making great progress!

So I have some questions regarding the 833TV.

So far I have installed the power feeds, and I have installed the X axis DRO. Moving on to Z and Y ant the install kits is leaving a lot to be desired in terms of flexibility. The question is, are most people mounting the scale, and then fabricating their own parts to attach the read head in a way that is not super bulky, yet still allows the use of the chip guards? These are the magnetic scales. It almost seems easier to just make my own over trying to figure out how these pieces provided fit together.

Thoughts?

Back