Another obligatory New PM-833TV and PM-1340GT Ordered!

Christianstark

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
So here we are today. I wish I knew how to use Fusion 360. It would be a lot easier to print plans and go for it, but I am just piecing this together by whichever way the wind takes me. I now have a functional quill stop, and will have to fabricate the final piece. A magnetic DRO encoder mount that is slightly adjustable in 2 axis so I can finish up my project. I have learned a lot about the limits of my machine, troubleshooting, cutters and their behaviors, feeds, speeds, and Koolmist. Lastly, measuring is sometimes hard when working in 3 dimensions, and my eyes are **** in close range.

tempImageInnts5.jpg
tempImageX0aur6.jpg
tempImagewo85wf.jpg

davidpbest

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
So here we are today. I wish I knew how to use Fusion 360. It would be a lot easier to print plans and go for it, but I am just piecing this together by whichever way the wind takes me. I now have a functional quill stop, and will have to fabricate the final piece. A magnetic DRO encoder mount that is slightly adjustable in 2 axis so I can finish up my project. I have learned a lot about the limits of my machine, troubleshooting, cutters and their behaviors, feeds, speeds, and Koolmist. Lastly, measuring is sometimes hard when working in 3 dimensions, and my eyes are **** in close range.
Send me a hand drawn sketch with dimension notations and I’ll model it up in F360 and create a 2D drawing package based on the model.

Christianstark

Send me a hand drawn sketch with dimension notations and I’ll model it up in F360 and create a 2D drawing package based on the model.

I may just take you up on that someday. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christianstark

Next small project was to replace the janky, and awkward DRO mount from the provided parts that came in the universal install kit, to a monolithic block machined bespoke to my install. Not only is it a cleaner and stronger install, but it is also more compact, and allows better access to my Z gib locks.

Before
tempImageRQbeiy.jpg

After
tempImagelURyij.jpg

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock