Another obligatory New PM-833TV and PM-1340GT Ordered!

Christianstark

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Hi all! So due to a bit or ordering confusion on my part, I pulled the trigger on a 1340GT earlier than I had anticipated, to add to my previously ordered 833-TV! Bob Ross would call that a happy little accident. So the waiting period has begun. My happy accident has eaten away my tooling budget unfortunately, so I will be looking for some low cost hand me downs on the for sale channel here. I need it all. I also opted for the 3 Phase version of the 1340GT, so I will also be doing some research on how to select, and build controls built around a VFD for that.

I may be asking @mksj for advice here, or at least pointing me to some of his previous advice posts on how to get that started.

For now, I will start researching how to add a sub panel to my existing 200A panel, so I can run the 220V needed for these machines.

Busy times ahead!

Low cost hand me downs are us . :grin: Congrats on the new machines , now the fun starts . :encourage:

Low cost hand me downs are us . :grin: Congrats on the new machines , now the fun starts . :encourage:
I think I am going to need to start with some basics. Metrology. I have a vice coming with the mill, and can get some cheap parallels to start out relatively cheap on Amazon. Do you have any value starter calipers, mics, and indicators in your collection you could quote me a price on?

That bait didn't even hit the water and it was hit. :grin: If Dave doesn't have it, and you look at/on ebay ask here for opinions there will be good guidance. Another source is the calibration/refurbishing labs have deals on good quality instruments. This link is on hold for now while it is being updated. There are other companies that do repairs, and refurbishing, so look around.

I think I am going to need to start with some basics. Metrology. I have a vice coming with the mill, and can get some cheap parallels to start out relatively cheap on Amazon. Do you have any value starter calipers, mics, and indicators in your collection you could quote me a price on?
Congratulations. I sent you a DM with a list of tools to consider. Be weary about Amazon tooling - some of it is counterfeit. More in my DM.

Congratulations. Is your 833tv on the way? Last I checked they were backordered as of Wednesday.

Just confirmed it looks like both machines are set to reach QMT in July. Time to DIY a sub panel to where I am planning to create my small indoor shop. I have a somewhat larger area I will be fixing up for a machinist shop, but that is going to take some time, and money to get to where I can control temps and humidity, and re-do the floor. The temporary space is 11' x 9.5', so a tad cramped, but I think I can get by there while I work on the permanent shop.

The permanent shop is currently where all of my tools reside, and miscellaneous storage, but I am planning on building a shed to store much of the tools and storage items that are not as sensitive to humidity as machine tools. That is going to take a while.

Here is a pic of the current space. Plan is to add doors into the space, remove the carpet, and run a sub panel to the left wall. Its just 20 or so feet from the main panel.
IMG_2408.jpeg

Eventually I have unfinished workshop space. I will build a raised floor shed, and move much of the tools, bikes, and storage items to. I am also considering installing some support beams, and removing the metal supports here, and removing the exposed earth area, and pouring a new floor. Add a HVAC unit, and some ventalation. This space is 20' x 13' and would be perfect.
IMG_2409.jpeg

IMG_2410.jpeg

Back