Any Current or Previous Ford 6.0 Owners Here?

IamNotImportant

Registered
Registered
Just wanting to hear about your experiences with said Ford P/U truck powered by the 6.0 Powerstroke engine.

Centennial 03 Edition here .

Attachments

• IMG_9081.JPG
    IMG_9081.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 16
I worked as part of a HVAC crew for the Chickasaw Nation a couple of years ago . We used F250 Crew Cab 4WD Fords with a Powerstroke. Had two of them over a period of 7 years. The trucks pulled 18' to 24' tandem axle box trailers. Rode in those two trucks more than 300,000 miles. Most of the miles were down the highways and Interstates at 70 to 85 mph. Trailers were not heavily loaded, probably 3000 to 4000 pounds. Also had a crew of five men in the crew cab. Never had an engine or transmission problem in all those miles. The owner of the company was anal about maintenance though.

Last edited:
What would you like to know?
i am considering looking at a 04 F-350 King Ranch with 159K miles on it. Just hoping that none of that "performance" stuff has been done to it.

I understand that there are some things that won't hurt, will help, but mainly i am seeing.. no tuning and watch your temps and such.. stay pretty much stock on filters..

I understand that doing the EGR cooler prob is a good idea to do. Seems that all problems for the most part lead back to the EGR system. (Valve and cooler)

As for the oil cooler, don't know if OEM is good enough or if there really is an improved version of that.

My lil 6 cyl is not liking the trailer i pull with the mowers in it.

so i am thinking of buying the Ford and getting rid of the Chevy.. though i have to say.. up to this point.. the Chevy has been a great truck.. excellent fuel mileage when not pulling anything, sucks when you do.. cuz of the way it is geared for the interstate.

I worked as part of a HVAC crew for the Chickasaw Nation a couple of years ago . We used F250 Crew Cab 4WD Fords with a Powerstroke. Had two of them over a period of 7 years. The trucks pulled 18' to 24' tandem axle box trailers. Rode in those two trucks more than 300,000 miles. Most of the miles was down the highways and Interstates at 70 to 85 mph. Trailers were not heavily loaded, probably 3000 to 4000 pounds. Also had a crew of five men in the crew cab. Never had an engine or transmission problem in all those miles. The owner of the company was anal about maintenance though.
so can i presume that maint was done on them like religion?

Back