Any home brewers around here?

T

Tom Griffin

Forum Guest
Register Today
CAUTION: Do not operate heavy machinery while reading this post. beer.gif

I've been brewing my own for the last 7 or 8 years and just bottled a batch of Porter for the cold winter months. I used home grown hops and although I normally culture my own yeast, I got lazy this time and used store bought. My favorite recipes include an Irish Ale (7%ABV), a killer IPA and an Imperial Stout (next on the list). So far I've stuck to using extracts but am gearing up for all grain as soon as I can build the necessary equipment.

Any other home brewers around here?

Tom

beer.gif

Just got interested in it. Saw a Mr beer kit to start out and may order it as a Christmas present to me. It will get here late, but since we celebrate life in our house everyday it won't really matter when it gets here. It's kind of like Christmas the whole year, the wife and I treat each other with love and respect every day. Will let ya know what I decide and how it works out.
Bob

anther moonshiner, pass the bottle please:biggrin: if you can read this its not strong enough yet:biggrin:

anther moonshiner, pass the bottle please:biggrin: if you can read this its not strong enough yet:biggrin:

Here ya go a doppel Bock with an alcohol content of around 8.5 to 9 %. Guaranteed to make you forget a bad day in short order. Best at cool room temp in a tall Weiss glass that has been chilled before filling.

I got spoiled while I was in Germany. The beer over there is so different than the commercial swill folks drink in the states. Had to give up some of it though, I was getting fat as a butter ball turkey and the Army did not appreciate that.
Bob

i always like the bitter light that england has it kinda goes down like a milk shake you take your pale up get it filled walk back home and sit a spell:biggrin:

I got spoiled while I was in Germany. The beer over there is so different than the commercial swill folks drink in the states. Had to give up some of it though, I was getting fat as a butter ball turkey and the Army did not appreciate that.
Bob

Hey Bob,

That's why I started brewing myself. Commercial beer can't compare to what you can brew at home. It's good over in Germany as well cuz they've been making it for like a thousand years, but I think I would tire of the style after a while. It would be fun to find out though. :drool:

Tom

Back