Any home brewers around here?

Yes the plates are adjustable but mine seem very close and prone to tearing the grain and making too much flour. There is a thread over on HBT that shows how to tweak the mill so it performs much better. Looks like the are putting a flat washer between the bracket and body to allow a bit more outward adjustment. Otherwise the main shaft hits the bottom of the bore too soon and makes the result a little too well ground. If you have a bit of time go to Home Brew Talk and look at the Ugly junk corona mill thread. Its very long but has a ton of info on making the mill work perfectly for minimal or no money. All that will cost anything will be the 2 home depot 5 gallon buckets and lids. The rest is common stuff around most houses. Take a look at HBT, I have been reading and learning a lot of good stuff over there. I'm still experimenting but I always do that so it's not a big deal when I have a setback. Einstein tried a bunch of times to get his theory of relativity to work so a little experimenting on home brew should be pretty easy and not cause gravity to stop working or burn the atmosphere up from fusion. Did you get your brew in the fermentor yet? I have been a little under the weather the last few days so I haven't been tinkering as much as usual. Hate it when the dialysis clinic gets me too dry and out of whack. Takes days to get over it and back to normal again. Hope you are having a great weekend going into Monday. Weekends are what make the world go around before I got sick, now they are just another day. But I will take all that God will give me, so I aint complainin a bit.
Bob

Back