ANYONE ELSE LIKE TO MAKE BOXES ?

Not tool related boxes but I made these for a friend. They are for storing gun powder. Double layered 3/4" Baltic Birch ply. I made the box joint jig. We sprayed multiple rounds of baked on automotive urethane clear on them at my work.

They look strongly built and nicely finished. They also look like they would hold alot of gun powder.

If I were to send you drawings and pictures of a multi part tool would you make a box for it if paid?

A mitutoyo .4 to .7" dial bore gauge for instance, like so, it has 5 anvils and other assorted parts, the case that it came in is not very friendly.
It is a $250.00 + tool so a simple $100.00 fitted case would not be out of the question.

I am happy to see that some of you use the Bridgeport for woodworking. The first time I did that, it felt like cheating, or in poor taste. But there are so many tasks that are made much easier on a mill than conventional,woodworking equipment...i’m thinking mortises, tenons, blind mortises especially, angled slots and holes, dovetails, etc. The DRO makes a new game out of it.

Would love to see and hear other woodworking you folks have done on our metal equipment.

They look strongly built and nicely finished. They also look like they would hold alot of gun powder.

Thanks! Built to exceed NFPA standards for home storage. Sized to hold 6 - 8lb containers each.

Would love to see and hear other woodworking you folks have done on our metal equipment.

I HAVE MADE SEVERAL SOLID BODY ELECTRIC MANDOLINS ON MY MILL
UNDER MY OWN BRAND NAME "TONE DEAF" .

ONCE THROUGH WITH THE WOODWORKING ,
I MAKE A LOT OF THE METAL PARTS FROM STAINLESS & POLISH THEM .

YOU CAN'T BUY A TUNE-A-MATIC BRIDGE OR STOP TAILPIECE FOR A MANDO LIKE THIS !
100_2304.JPG100_2299.JPG100_2308.JPG100_2311.JPG100_2351.JPG

Those are all very impressive boxes!
My project is a little on the other extreme & I'm a little reluctant to show it but what the heck.. I have a few bearing scrapers and hated just putting them in a drawer so I made a simple box for them. I like to hold them and think of the history they've seen..
View attachment 267178

Yours looks better than mine. They both do the job, Rotary broach case
1535686346538.png

Gear cutter case
1535686426957.png

Roy

Rimspoke, absolutely beautiful! Thanks for posting.

We have some talented artists among us.
That curly maple box is drop dead beautiful.
I don’t work much with the brown stuff but I appreciate talent when I see it.

Back