Atlas lathe DC motor conversion, treadmill

here is the board here.
looks different than the mc 60 board, but the connections seem to be the same.
Might try wiring it up with out the external 5 v power supply.
I thought the OP had it running once already using a external 5 v power supply, but I am not sure.
The little board I got with this treadmill I got, I wired up just like the mc-60, and it worked fine.
Although the OP said something popped, l hope the board was not damaged.

Motor-002.jpg

True, this is not an MC60 board, but it seems to have common connections.
Today I tried it with the three leads connected to the pot, without the external power source. And I got no action from the motor.
So.. I then replaced the original wiring & console panel, as it arrived. And again nothing from the motor. So it would seem that I somehow toasted the control board. I don't know what I did to hurt it. So l guess I'll be looking to buy a control board now. Unless someone has any suggestions to try? :dunno:
Is the amp rating on the motor the main spec used in choosing a control board?
Thanks!

l am probably not the best to advise, but an mc-60 should do it.
Or, from what I have read, a KBIC-120, with a 1 HP resistor.
I have a KBIC-120 but have not used it yet.
There was a guy selling mc-60's for $35.00 shipped, but he raised them to 45 shipped.
Don't know if he has a best offer or not.
I am going to be using the KBIC-120 on my 1/2 HP motor I got, I think it is more of a true 1/2 HP,
I know it is bigger than most treadmill motors.
I think I am going to start with a 1/2 HP plug in resistor for the KBIC-120 board.
Or You could try to find another free treadmill?
I was lucky, I found this motor, said to be "open box" for about $30.00 shipped on Amazon.
But I did not try to run it yet, As I just got it today.
I need to do that soon! in-case there is a problem with it.
I guess UPS is working Sundays now.

DSCN0183 save TEFC.JPG DSCN0181 save.JPG

So how fast do these DC motors stop when shut off? I hear you can short the leads to act as a brake. Has anyone done that?
R
That's why I went with the cycletrol 150. According to its documentarion, it incorporates a braking circuit...

MrBreeze, no I haven't given up on it. Just haven't got back to it yet! ha Winter stopped all my outdoor interests. And now that it's nicer out I have LOTS of chores needing done. But yes my lathe is in the front of the list anyway.
What are your thoughts on buying a used control board when they have a no return policy? I almost bought a used board, but backed away from it.
Wes

MrBreeze, no I haven't given up on it. Just haven't got back to it yet! ha Winter stopped all my outdoor interests. And now that it's nicer out I have LOTS of chores needing done. But yes my lathe is in the front of the list anyway.
What are your thoughts on buying a used control board when they have a no return policy? I almost bought a used board, but backed away from it.
Wes
depends how much they want for it, Was it a treadmill board or one of the KBIC boards.
I guess if it was around $40.00 or less, I would get it. I brought a used KBIC 120 and a used MC-60 but haven't used either yet.
So If they are bad, It's been pretty well too long any ways.
There was a guy selling MC-60's for $35.00 shipped, but he upped them to $45.00 shipped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Treadmill-motor-controller-MC-60-/121592569986?

I kinda forget the details now, but they were used boards removed from treadmills. I thought it kinda strange he had so many of them, but hey...

Back