Attempting VFD program tomorrow

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I have all of the resources with the help from Mark, my computer however has been very resistant to cooperation. I have very few computer skills which complicates progress. After about 6hrs of fighting with my computer telling me I had to have programs loaded for the app to work, I was allowed to use my wife's computer to download the programs. It says loaded, I'll find out tomorrow, I will have to hide my BFH.

Welp, not working yet, not worried about the BFH, sharp objects, and rope are a concern though :( :rolleyes:

What VFD are you using that you need a computer to set it up?

WJ200, it needs the drivers, and a setup program. I'm seeing the numbers in the VFD, but it's not communicating with the lathe, I'm missing something...

Can you set all needed parameters using the front panel keypad without the need for a computer?
I haven’t used the Hitachi before but many Teco, Yaskawa and others without the need of a computer.

Mark, and I are having a discussion about it, maybe some of the foundation/conversion work is wrong, I don't know at this point.

Reactions: Z2V
I’m sure you will figure it out. You’ve sparked my curiosity with the computer. I’ll be quietly watching

Mark has been totally patient with me, I should not have chased my tail for so long on the Dell computer(my ignorance), my daughter got the HP to work for me. The VFD was programed from the WJ200 key pad. The lathe runs, but with the wrong spindle rotation. Probably need to switch some wiring, and a couple of the inputs do not have the listed parameter available, so I'll wait to see what the recommendations are. The best news of all, there is no smoke :encourage:

Reactions: Z2V
If the rotation is your only problem you can swap any two of the motor leads where they connect to the drive. That will change the rotation of the motor..
Good to hear you got it going without letting the magic smoke out!!

Back