Attempting VFD program tomorrow

I changed out the potentiometer that Mark(MKSJ) :grin: linked, and now I have a broader band (less sensitive) easier tuning adjustment. :encourage:
Aloha Mike(me):)

changed out the potentiometer that Mark(MKSJ) :grin: linked
:D
Do you have a pic of the one you have? The pics below is the one that was recommended to me,15 turn. But I STILL didn't have time to wire it up because I have quit a bit of jobs for customers to do first.
20210618_161355.jpg20210618_161229.jpg

I'm on the road instill this afternoon, I'll get one then

Glad the new pot. is working for you, as I mentioned you probably had a log taper and the new one one is a linear resistance taper. Typically the recommended resistance for VFD speed pots is a 2K to 5K Ohms. If you have a limited speed range say 20-90 Hz, a single turn speed pot works just fine, you do not need a multi-turn. If you have a wider speed range then a 3, 5 or 10 turn is OK, but a lot of twiddling of the knob. I would stick with a single turn if using a standard motor, I do use a 5K 3-turn in some applications. A 15 turn is excessive, and 10K Ohm is a bit too high resistance. See post #15 for the recommended ETI and there is a picture of the pot. If you want a 3-turn then consider the following pot. which is a 5K ETI MW22B-3-5K, I have purchased from this vendor previously.

Clough42 really helped dumb some of that stuff down, not sure if yours is at all like mine...no front panel controls? All PC interface?

Back