Attempting VFD program tomorrow

White, and red?

Reactions: Z2V
Yes, that would do it. Just swap them.

That did work, I know Mark was looking at a picture of the VFD cabinet yesterday checking P24 wiring also. I'm standing by for his input on the programs too

Well I THINK I'm done pestering Mark, I ran a new auto tune tonight after figuring out that Hitachi went to literal numbers for H003, and H004, kilowatts, and the number of poles in the motor(different from the sheet. H002 is also different 2 instead of 1. My potentiometer has a very narrow swing from 40-60-90Hz, not sure about that. Mark has been a Saint dealing with me, I hope he recovers soon from what I put him through. Just need to do a pully, and belt switch, and I'm set....

Reactions: Z2V
The Hitachi WJ200 for some reason, some programming parameters differ based on the keypad entry vs. computer entry. Their software also has been very buggy through the years, and is not intuitive to use. You always need to load the parameters stored in the VFD memory to the software and also remember to save any changes back to the VFD memory when making parameter changes. Other VFD software like from Automation Direct, when you make changes it automatically makes the change in the VFD memory. Wish Hitachi would do a better job, have had issues with there software for many years. One reason why I recommend people use the front keypad for programming the WJ200. It depends on the VFD, I recently did a build with a Automation Direct GS20 and the front panel programming interfaced sucked.

Sound like you purchased a LOG potentiometer vs. a Linear. When you order your braking resistor, I would order a new potentiomewter. I use the ETI precision pots because they are good for something like 5-10 million rotations vs. cheap ones that are rated for something like 10,000 turns.
ETI SP22E-2K

Braking Resistor for WJ200-015SF Anything from 50-75 ohm, 300-500W is fine
TE TJT50068RJ

Ordered :encourage:
Thank you for all of your time, and assistance Mark.

Yes, Mark is the go-to guy when it comes to vfds. He helped me with all my wiring and programming of the vfd for my mill.

Mark has been totally patient with me,
He does have a lot of patience hey? At some stage I thought he was going to ask me to ask someone else for assistance, because I think I was a bit much to deal with seeing that I am a TOTAL novice with wiring and programming, but he just kept on trucking. So hats off to you markba633csi.

markba633csi.??? My Mark is mksj :)

So many Mikes and Marks:laughing:

Back