Baileigh Bs-210m Horizontal Bandsaw From Qmt

That's good to hear - I've been doing cuts on tubing and angles using a 4 1/2" grinder. I've gotten pretty good at it - but I can never get the kind of accuracy you're describing

Plus it makes a mess - I try to always do it outside the shop so I'm not shooting hot sparks and steel dust everywhere. Using a bandsaw would make it so I can do the cuts inside and also keep the mess down.

That's good to hear - I've been doing cuts on tubing and angles using a 4 1/2" grinder. I've gotten pretty good at it - but I can never get the kind of accuracy you're describing

Plus it makes a mess - I try to always do it outside the shop so I'm not shooting hot sparks and steel dust everywhere. Using a bandsaw would make it so I can do the cuts inside and also keep the mess down.

I used to do all of my bulk cutting with a chop saw with a 14" abrasive disk, then about four or five years ago I stumbled across an older Jet 7x12 horizontal bandsaw and now I hardly ever use the chop saw. Matter of fact, I gave my chop saw stand away and put my chop saw in the corner and use it on only the rarest of occassions.

I was pleased with the Jet horizontal bandsaw but it was in pretty bad shape when I purchased it and I brought it back as it was one step from the scrap yard. I sold it for what I was into it and upgraded and haven't looked back. I am so pleased with both the Baileigh horizontal bandsaw and my Birmingham vertical bandsaw now that I have some time on both.

Mike.

Very nice mike. A little out of my price range, but nice none the less. :)

Thanks Bill, yeah, not exactly cheap but I am very pleased with the quality. Luckily I have a very understanding wife who let me splurge this year if I promised to make it all back in the new year. I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew, I was kind of hoping to slow down on side jobs this year. Oh well, maybe next year I can do that.:encourage:

Mike.

I too have an understanding wife. She let me buy yet another machine. I'll upgrade the bandsaw later... ;)

I used to do all of my bulk cutting with a chop saw with a 14" abrasive disk, then about four or five years ago I stumbled across an older Jet 7x12 horizontal bandsaw and now I hardly ever use the chop saw. Matter of fact, I gave my chop saw stand away and put my chop saw in the corner and use it on only the rarest of occassions.

I was pleased with the Jet horizontal bandsaw but it was in pretty bad shape when I purchased it and I brought it back as it was one step from the scrap yard. I sold it for what I was into it and upgraded and haven't looked back. I am so pleased with both the Baileigh horizontal bandsaw and my Birmingham vertical bandsaw now that I have some time on both.

Mike.

I've got a Dewalt 14" metal cutting saw that does a good job - but the blades are expensive when they wear out , they still shoot metal pieces everywhere - and the cut is good but not as good as it sounds like you're getting with the bandsaw. Plus the Dewalt won't do the sizes that a bandsaw like the 210 or the 250 will do. So I mostly use it for smaller stuff and go back to the 4 1/2" grinder with a cut-off wheel when I need to cut larger pieces.

Bump, any updates on how your saw has performed over the last few months?

In one word, FANTASTIC!!! The more I use it the more I like it. Cuts are precise and require very, very little cleanup once the materials get to the lathe.

I would buy this bandsaw again in a heartbeat.

Mike.

Back