Baldor Grinder Questions

SPI is Swiss Precision Instruments
NOT a chinese wheel! :grin:
https://www.swissprec.com/catalog.html?pageLabel=536

As mentioned earlier SPI is an American importer of tools. They originally imported all their measuring equipment from Switzerland, thus the name. Late in the 20th century the vast majority of the tools carrying that name were made in Japan. More recently the majority of their tools are imported from China. And Yes it could be a $400.00 wheel made in China. They do make some quality items. Unfortunately most importers are trying to hit a price point so most of the stuff imported to the US is HF quality or lower. More than likely at that price it was made either in the US or Japan. Unless you buy it new and it has an inspection tag it's unlikely you'll ever know the origin.

I recently bought a replacement drip tray for my Baldor carbide grinder. It was around $60 if I remember correctly. My grinder looks newer than yours, but the trays may be the same. You should be able to get one from any Baldor dealer. I got mine from Motion Industries.
Guys here do some 3D printing.... they could whip out trays and they won't rust. Just a thought.

Guys here do some 3D printing.... they could whip out trays and they won't rust. Just a thought.
Hi FLguy, when you said, "Guys here do some 3D printing," are you saying all I have to do is post in our forum a request for 3d printing, and members will offer to do it (for a fee, of course)?

Not all Chinese products are crap.
Not all Australian products are good.
Crapness and Goodness, as Maxwell smart would say, can be obtained anywhere.

Back