Ball Oiler

Earl

Active User
Registered
I need a good ball oiler oil can. I am tired of squirting oil everywhere except where it should go. I have several pump oil cans but none of them will seal around the ball oiler. What do you use?

Modify the tip to put a tiny O-ring in a pocket and make it maybe 0.02 or so proud. Superglue in place.
It will seal on the brass and allow you yo pump right through the check ball.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Modify the tip to put a tiny O-ring in a pocket and make it maybe 0.02 or so proud. Superglue in place.
It will seal on the brass and allow you yo pump right through the check ball.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk
I have tried several modifications to the tips of oil cans including slitting the end to allow the oil to come out while the ball is depressed. All of them leaked badly. To make things worse, I have 2 different oilers and they have different size balls. If I can figure out a way to hold the tip in the lathe, I will try your suggestion. I have er40 and an er25 collets for my lathe. They might work but the tip of the oil can is only about a quarter inch long.

How about a home built Eagle 66 clone with a custom tip to fit the oilers.
I have a large goldenrod that works ok. I have looked at the Reilang but I am to cheap to try one.
Joe

How about a home built Eagle 66 clone with a custom tip to fit the oilers.
I have a large goldenrod that works ok. I have looked at the Reilang but I am to cheap to try one.
Joe
Your buddy Miller just got his 12th stent last friday. He just keeps on keeping on!

I have been wondering how that old goat was doing.
Joe

Back