Ball Oiler

I did it as a custom tip. The stock one won't be big enough to get the part out of it

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Eagle 66 , regular Eagle and Reilang are great for ball oilers. My Plews and Golden rods not so good, actually, they don't oil. I was having problems they would shoot back, so I took a spare ball oiler and squirted oil in, nothing went behind the ball. So they were sealing against the ball. A slot made them slightly better. My crappy HF are better than my Plews and Golden Rods for ball oilers. But the Plews and Golden Rods are decent oilers otherwise.

My crappy HF are better than my Plews and Golden Rods for ball oilers. But the Plews and Golden Rods are decent oilers otherwise.
It's funny how that is, I have a genuine India piece of junk from the clearance rack of returns at HF that hits ball oilers oh so nice. The brass tip is flat enough to push oil into the ball on the nose of a zerk (BP bull gear) without a recess like a ball oiler has. It makes good pressure and volume. The can leaks where I place it, but I don't know how or where from. Mystery India perf metal or something.

I've got six other oil cans, midrange quality, that all dispense oil just fine, as long as what I'm oiling doesn't have the balls. I'm afraid to try an Eagle 66, because two things might happen. 1.) I'd never be able to use another oil can without cussing ever again, and 2.) It might be just as crappy as all the rest and I'd have another can on the shelf. Both outcomes would be a disappointment.

My trick for oiling ball oilers is a short piece of plastic or rubber hose pushed on far enough that it doesn’t slide on the tip. I included a couple of pictures of what I’m talking about and its use. The first picture shows it under pressure. It is simple and doesn’t leak.

IMG_0824.jpg IMG_0825.jpg

My eagle 66 cans work for me:

fr_3827_size880.jpg

I do wish I had one with the flexible neck though. The solid neck often makes it hard to get into certain spots.

Go back 8 years on this site, and check this thread out- the only thing better than an Eagle 66 is an Eagle 99! Or is it Eagle X99, X for experimental.

Based on multiple people saying the Reilang R003 is the be all, end all, I got one. My guess? They compromised quality because they are not great, not good, not even ok. More like between barely usable to terrible. The my goldenrod is leaps and bounds better. If it didn’t drip all the time I’ll give it a thumbs up.

I am a huge fan of the Reilang oil gun. It is so into a push style grease gun - works FANTASTIC. It does not leak oil when stored, if the fitting is in good condition there is minimal leakage and you can develop lots of pressure. I messed around with a bunch of modified squirt cans for so years. My only regret is that I didn’t get the Reilang oil gun sooner. It was supplied with two tips to cover off both the “inny“ and “outty” style fittings.

Back