Besides tools and equipment , what do we all collect ?

Yikes, I make an effort to limit the number of gas engines I have to maintain. My thought on reading that is you need a full time mechanic to keep all that running. Active farm? or are you truly just collecting?
I think he is a full time mechanic... He eats with a wrench, he brushes his teeth with a wire brush, he flosses with a feeler gauge, his coffee is used motor oil,

basically he lives and breathes motor oil...

Oh , another one I just found . Old beer cans . Used to collect these cans back when they were " in " . Walked many a miles picking up new to me cans . :rolleyes: They reside in the top of the garage along with some other " treasures " . Original Dickens houses , antique pee / chamber pots also .
I hope you at least cleaned them out... imagine the growth in there... Don't look it might be scarry.

No, not a farm, and not really a collector, things just seem to follow me home. Most are runners, some are projects, and some are parts for runners, and projects. The plan is to start selling some off over the next 5yrs or so, but best laid plans, and all that. I do spend a fair amount of time on engines, and such, but for the most part I enjoy it. Mike

Yikes, I make an effort to limit the number of gas engines I have to maintain. My thought on reading that is you need a full time mechanic to keep all that running. Active farm? or are you truly just collecting?

Last edited:
One thought, how recently have each of you moved? Miscellaneous collections get harder to maintain across relocation. I moved a little over 400 miles about 3-4 years ago, moved everything myself using our trailers and pickup. That involved a lot of trips to the dump to cull some of the stuff.

Back