BEVEL TOOL FOR MAKING TOOL HOLDERS

I made 5 just for the experience. I did learn hard and fast on getting the dovetail width correct. There is a sweet spot for them to fit just right. I think mine beat quality/fit/finish over any other cheap Chinese holders, but yeah, costs are very similar (the grub screws/set screw are crazy $$). Again, for the experience and hopefully much better quality, you need to do it at some point growing your repertoire of skill sets.

once again, am wanting to get that dove tail tool but am reading some say 1 in. is to big and to go with a 3/4 dove for my OXA T.H. so which is it , 1 in. or 3/4????

once again, am wanting to get that dove tail tool but am reading some say 1 in. is to big and to go with a 3/4 dove for my OXA T.H. so which is it , 1 in. or 3/4????
3/4" for OXA. Cutter should be smaller than L2 dimension, which is around 0.9". Otherwise you will run into problems. I believe I provided an ebay link earlier. If not, just search for a 3/4" 60 degree dovetail cutter made of high speed steel (HSS).

3/4" for OXA. Cutter should be smaller than L2 dimension, which is around 0.9". Otherwise you will run into problems. I believe I provided an ebay link earlier. If not, just search for a 3/4" 60 degree dovetail cutter made of high speed steel (HSS).
thanx we got one from shars

Back