Bolton Lathe/Mill

Sooooo, I took some time off on my lathe hunt because I had to plan some things in real life, then wanted another paycheck or two to recover from that. So I hesitated on the last lathe and kept my eye out for others. The price dropped on the last lathe I posted and another popped up today that I feel won't make it past tomorrow.

Much better looking Logan 10", has a QCGB, and lots of measuring tools along with tooling in general, and priced to move. @matthewsx I think this is what you meant by posted today, gone by the afternoon.
1691526353284.png

1691526385263.png

Unfortunately these are the only pictures of the lathe itself, but lots more pictures of the tools included. The biggest downside for this one is that I may save on the price but moving it almost 100 miles will eat into that.

Moving machines is pretty much the same regardless of if you're going 5 miles or 500. Rent a drop deck trailer get some help and take it slow.

Good luck,

John

For $1200 I'd be all over that Logan.
In a hot minute. Still check it over to make sure. But every once in a blue moon someone just wants out and is not trying to make a killing. Rare these days but it happens for different reasons. Just don’t wait because that has blue moon written all over it.

Goodness, all the stuff that comes with it is worth, at least, half of that asking price… why is the ad still there!!??

Goodness, all the stuff that comes with it is worth, at least, half of that asking price… why is the ad still there!!??
I'm not sure but I messaged the person and they said it won't be available for viewing until Thursday. Might have to leave work a little early to be the first person because he's gonna get a lot of messages.

I am the proud owner of a Logan 2130 lathe! It’s better than I hoped for, with a fairly new lead screw and brand new spindle shaft along with all the tools in the craigslist post.

The owner got the lathe from a Swedish machinist through some sort of trade. He set it up but only used it once he said. He’s primarily a wood worker and had lots of tools for that, so he had no need for any metal working stuff and just tossed everything in together. I doubt he knew what all he had but I wasn’t about to enlighten him haha.

The table isn’t included so it’ll be an easy move with an SUV this weekend. I’ll get a tool bench and throw everything in it next week and sort out exactly what I got and make one final post here.

Thanks for everyone’s help and advice, I greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_4237.jpeg
    IMG_4237.jpeg
    348 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4238.jpeg
    IMG_4238.jpeg
    373 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4240.jpeg
    IMG_4240.jpeg
    376 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4243.jpeg
    IMG_4243.jpeg
    407 KB · Views: 38
We’re proud of you Johnny, looks like a great hobby lathe that will bring you years of enjoyment.

Have a safe move and please reach out with any questions.

John

Back