Bolton Lathe/Mill

Looks like you got yourself a good deal there.

Interesting combination, you have an early (1950s) flat belt Montgomery Wards Powr-Kraft (Logan) lathe with a late (1970s) Powermatic by Logan QCGB which shows how much parts compatibility there is over the life span of the 10" lathes.

Finally got everything home yesterday! I'm so happy with it. Here's the whole haul. Lots of things to get me started.

The lathe in its new home:
IMG_4296.jpeg

Lots of old style cutters and a knurling tool
IMG_4292.jpeg

Plenty of cutters, tool posts, chucks, ets
IMG_4291.jpeg

The measuring dept
IMG_4290.jpeg

Lots of gears that don't look like they go to this machine, a couple dogs
IMG_4288.jpeg

A couple machine vices, center rest, and a full set of gears that the previous owner found while I was managing transportation.
IMG_4289.jpeg

The mics, calipers, angle measuring pieces
IMG_4287.jpeg

random bric-a-brac, I will probably use some of this for stock
IMG_4295.jpeg

The extra lead screws
IMG_4294.jpeg

Stuff that looks like it might be better suited on a mill, fly cutter, hold downs, drill chucks etc
IMG_4302.jpeg

The random box. I don't know what almost any of this stuff is other than the tool post and the dog. Everything else is a mystery
IMG_4303.jpeg

1-2" mic and bonus Grade 3 block set I got from another craigslist lathe post for 150$ (I didn't post it here because I knew I wasn't going to get it)
IMG_4310.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice, you'll want to stiffen up that workbench and get some solid feet going. Nice haul of everything else, probably worth as what you paid for the machine itself.

Keep asking questions and posting pictures, you might want to create a new thread in the Logan area so future searches can locate it.

John

That is a serious score!
well done and...
:you suck:
:)

How much you want for scope in wood box.

You'll need a chip pan & a back splash along with a beefier mounting surface. Nice haul.

Back