Bridgeport CNC with Masso Controller/Clearpath

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
Registered
I couldn't help myself once I saw how bad it looked..... i'm not taking it down very far just a quick couple passes for oil...

Thien I will do the knee and table just a little bit

20201026_224652.jpg

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
Registered
Damn thats a lot of bearings!..... This really needed to happen these old bearings are crazy sloppy and full of dried up grease... I'm not sleeping until I get Gcode running.....

Most of the old bearings are NORMA brand....
20201108_210310.jpg 20201109_005651.jpg

Papa Charlie

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Looking good.

I have never operated a CNC mill before. Maybe it is the old fart in me, but it would drive me nuts not to have the ability to move the knee or table with a handle. I know that you can do so through the control panel, and I would probably get use to it but seems combersome for some reason. I am probably back ass-word on this.

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
Registered
Looking good.

I have never operated a CNC mill before. Maybe it is the old fart in me, but it would drive me nuts not to have the ability to move the knee or table with a handle. I know that you can do so through the control panel, and I would probably get use to it but seems combersome for some reason. I am probably back ass-word on this.

I am actually planning on installing 3 CNC MPG hand wheels on this machine so I can run it manually and use the cnc controler as a dro.
Screenshot_2020-11-09-12-54-21.png

BGHansen

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Looking good.

I was a hand-wheel only guy too until I bought a Bridgeport with a 2-axis Anilam controller around 3 years ago. Mine still maintains hand wheel control if the servos aren't powered up; best of both worlds. CNC is such a game changer for certain things. You don't get the feel of chatter if you are cutting too hard, but making arcs and anything repetitive is sooo nice.

If you can follow a recipe in a cookbook, you can learn G-code. It's just simple instructions telling the machine what to do and how fast to do it.

Bruce

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
Registered
I was a hand-wheel only guy too until I bought a Bridgeport with a 2-axis Anilam controller around 3 years ago. Mine still maintains hand wheel control if the servos aren't powered up; best of both worlds.

this one will be a bit different the servos will be powered all the time and be making the moves so there will be no backlash but there also wont be much or any feel in the hand wheels.....

vtcnc

Admin
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Hey @Cooter Brown - where you at? Have you made any progress on the conversion?

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock