Building a Drop Deck Motorcycle Trailer?

Darn! I have another project... this summer I gathered some steel and a horror fright used fold up trailer. I need to move a riding lawn mower between places.
The HF is a tilt bed but what I had invisioned was an air ride like the video.
I thank you sir

Somehow, none of the photos show how that axle and suspension work and that is the secret to making the trailer function properly. :bang head:

@randyjaco - a friend of mine has a trailer very similar to the one you posted on the first page. Its the kind that has a large hoop which levers forward over the bikes to lift the trailer off the ground (pushes the wheel frame down). I can reach out to him to get the make & pictures of the axles if you'd like.

Torsion-style half-axles
tsa-10150_5.jpg

Timbren Axle-Less Suspensions

download.png

Trailer Plans ($40). One of the sample pictures shows the axle assembly. Looks similar to the Timbren but uses a spring and some sort of damper.

Last edited:
I had a flat bed single axle car hauler that I built, (gave it to my son). 15’ long, drop axle, aircraft landing mats for deck on each side, and no springs, and about 500lb. total weight. Did not need ramps, as it was only 10” off the ground and just located the ends of the ramps under the tires. I could load a dead 5000 lb. car by myself in about 15 minutes.

The builds made for trailers used for ice fishing, have a simple design. Using a ratchet to raise and lower the suspension... and pins to secure the suspension in place. This could easily be modified to using an electrical winch...

Dropdown Trailer Builds-1.jpg

Take a look at this one... I don't think it can get simpler than that...

Dropdown Trailer Builds-3.jpg

Back