Building my last shop

Well how about a little rant. We didn't get the last pour in yesterday (Friday). The crew stopped by United rentals to get the power trowel for the day. Well United is closed on the weekends. No big deal right. Just return it first thing Monday morning. Well they said that would be a 3 day rental and they would have to charge us. So instead of it being $250 it would cost $750 to basically use it one day. We said "No thanks" and cancelled the pour. All other rental companies I have used let you have their equipment all weekend for a one day price if they are closed on the weekends. So going to try and pour next week in the middle of the week.

Well how about a little rant. We didn't get the last pour in yesterday (Friday). The crew stopped by United rentals to get the power trowel for the day. Well United is closed on the weekends. No big deal right. Just return it first thing Monday morning. Well they said that would be a 3 day rental and they would have to charge us. So instead of it being $250 it would cost $750 to basically use it one day. We said "No thanks" and cancelled the pour. All other rental companies I have used let you have their equipment all weekend for a one day price if they are closed on the weekends. So going to try and pour next week in the middle of the week.

That doesn't seem right. Is there no other rental facilities in your area? Well I hope you get it done this coming week. Got all my fingers crossed for you, well except the two that I hold my Vodka glass in. But everything else for sure.

Now that we know we can't pour on Fridays it isn't really a problem. Cheers Papa!

I wanted to rent a backhoe for a day or so. Picked it up Friday and returned it Monday. They charge according to how many hours it is actually running. Has an hour meter on it. Only used it about 6 hours so it worked out good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps being a plumbing contractor (regular customer) I get a break but I never pay for weekend rent.

I think it is just this company. I have rented equipment from other companies over the weekend and only paid for one day as long as it was back to them early Monday morning so they could rent it out that day.

Ding blasted ratsa-fracken rental companies! I rented a tool from Sunbelt not too long ago ... had to pay for extras like insurance, etc. I think they probbly try to pay for the tool with three rentals. Shoulda just gone out and bought one at Harbor Freight! Even if it didn't outlast the task, it woulda not been that much more.

Raining cats and dogs here today (Monday). :frown:

Well I will say this for you. You must have a very calm nature. I just looked back, your first post was back in Nov 2019 for this project. The image shows the project well underway. We are now in Sept 2020, a good 10 months down the road.

I doubt that I would be posting in the same manner that you are. I hope this gets worked out before winter hits.

Looking at the weather, it shows some more rain today and tomorrow. Looks like it will be nice Thursday through the weekend. I hope that you are able to sneak in between fronts and get this poured. It seems like you haven't had much of a summer at all.

Back