Buy an Arbor Press?

Vevor is tempting me with that tool that appears to be a 3-ton ratcheting arbor press (I hope it works like one) with free shipping for $240. That's if I subscribe to their spam and allow them to store my info so that it can be stolen from their servers and sold at any time, arguably sooner than later...

I'm going to have to think about that. Sigh.
I signed up without too many issues. There is a new satellite hanging over my AO though, that's weird.

This guy did a pretty good review.

This guy did a pretty good review.
I had watched this video while I was trying to make up my mind. It probably tipped me into finally deciding to get it. He is overly concerned about aesthetics but to each his own. I'm going to have a welder make a stand for me. My own design. I want a bigger foot print since it will be top heavy. Shelves for accessories. Steel or iron wheels with locking feet.

Well... went ahead and ordered the handwheel from Amazon...

to replace the stock unit...

Handwheel.jpeg

I also like the idea of threading the oil ports and installing grease fittings. I have those, just need to tap to the correct thread.

OilPort2.jpeg

OilPort1.jpeg

Last edited:
For this application probably doesn't matter. Unless you are going into production, but I wouldn't use it for production anyways.

I have the same arbor press and use oil. Works well enough with my usage. Used it to broach pulleys for my lathe and to press in pins. With a replacement hand wheel it does the job well enough.

For this application probably doesn't matter. Unless you are going into production, but I wouldn't use it for production anyways.

I have the same arbor press and use oil. Works well enough with my usage. Used it to broach pulleys for my lathe and to press in pins. With a replacement hand wheel it does the job well enough.
Yeah, but which one looks cooler? :cool::)

Yeah, but which one looks cooler? :cool::)
If I were to go to the trouble of installing any of the above, I'd go with the oil cups with the lids. Have a strange soft spot for them. Reminds me of old fashioned electric motors. But seriously, this is a Vevor arbor press, not a fancy machine at all. Have enough stuff to upgrade, this is practically at the bottom of the list!

Have to say, adding the hand wheel (for the life of me, can't locate where I bought it) made a huge difference. The wheel handle has a nice smooth bearing and it's pretty easy to crank up or down. So I place the parts, crank the handle until the ram is holding everything firmly in place and then use the lever. Could it be more refined, sure, but it is fit for purpose, so that makes me happy to have it.

Back