Buy an Arbor Press?

If I were to go to the trouble of installing any of the above, I'd go with the oil cups with the lids. Have a strange soft spot for them. Reminds me of old fashioned electric motors. But seriously, this is a Vevor arbor press, not a fancy machine at all. Have enough stuff to upgrade, this is practically at the bottom of the list!

Have to say, adding the hand wheel (for the life of me, can't locate where I bought it) made a huge difference. The wheel handle has a nice smooth bearing and it's pretty easy to crank up or down. So I place the parts, crank the handle until the ram is holding everything firmly in place and then use the lever. Could it be more refined, sure, but it is fit for purpose, so that makes me happy to have it.
I thought it was you that gave me that Amazon link... bookmarked it at that time...

Went through my purchase history and couldn't find it on A.
I see now... I got it from this video... he lists the handwheel in the comments...

Last edited:
I did find the link to the handle, bought it from eBay, but still can't find a link to the hand wheel. Maybe I bought it from AliExpress. It's pretty decent. I'll go down and take a look at it.

Oh, what a dummy. I know what happened. I had cleaned up the sharp edges well enough using a lathe and manually with a file. I didn't want to bore out a new wheel to fit and use the arbor press to broach the pulley! At that point I didn't even have broaches. Felt like a chicken and egg problem. I wasn't sure I wanted to put much cash into fixing it up, so cheaped out on a new hand wheel. Later I got the broaches, after I had gotten more comfortable with using the press.

But I did buy a handle for the wheel to get rid of that poor fitting PVC crank handle. It was this one. https://www.ebay.com/itm/323770660911 The handle isn't perfect, but it was a very good improvement to the original. Hmm, the price went up.

Back