Buying Machines

Millipedeman123

Registered
Registered
I have a great opertunity to purchase two nice milling machines for a very reasonable price. one is a lagun FTV-1 and the other is a cincinnati toolmaster they were both in working condition before being relegated to storage about 13 yrs ago and have been dust magnets since. What are you opinions about said milling machines? they are going to cost me about $250 apiece. Any experience with them at all and are they worht getting at that price. Ive been told they are complete and functional but the Lagun will need a good cleaning.

Ive made arrangements to pick them up friday Ive never machined before but have been interested in it. I dont think I can pass on these tho.

one of them has a vice and the other collets and wrenches. The Lagun has a DRO too i believe

Wow Thats a steal for those machines! Please post pictures when you get them.

Ive made arrangements to pick them up friday Ive never machined before but have been interested in it. I dont think I can pass on these tho.

Friday!! Don't think you can pass on them!!!! :eek 2:

Nice score on the machines. Hopefully they were stored somewhat properly.

theyve been sitting the back of a machine shop. The shop guys say the Cincinnati is is in good shape but might need at belt which isn't a big deal. They said the lagun was in great shape when parked but will prolly need some work to bring back to life. gimme a few and ill post what pictures i have

I definitely will. Anyone have any experience with them?

I have a Cinci Toolmaster - a model 1D. I love it. They are very well reputed, popular machines. Obviously the usual consideration for past care and attention (a trashed machine is still trashed, no matter how good it started out). Don't let rust or grime scare you. All my machines arrived looking horrible. They have all cleaned up very nicely (in fact light rust & grime are your friend - it reduces the competition).

Cincinnati made several versions of the Toolmaster. Let us all know which version it is. You can post in the Cincinnati & Van Norman forum. You will see a number of similar machines there.

Back