Buying Machines

it looks pretty clean with no visible damage from the pictures Ive seen. Ill post what pictures Ive got

Take some help. I think you're looking at about 5000 lbs of machinery.

I know they arent much to go on but the guy doesnt know how to take pictures well. There were several more on the ad he had but he took the ad down as Im getting them friday.

IMG_0838.JPG IMG_0836.JPG IMG_0835.JPG

Easily the FTV is 2700 and the cincinnati has to be right there with it. Im borrowing a flatbed trailer and the shop has a forklift. I have a good deal with a local rental place so I can get a forklift from them for cheap

Any advice on basic tooling? Im going to call a few of dozens of local machine shops and see if they have any old tooling they dont want anymore

I looks like there are some collets included so you might not need any more of them.
The very basics would be:
A good vise.
A tee nut, step block, hold down set.
Some End mills.
A dial indicator.....

Dow that is the deal of the century. :congrats: oh and by the way :you suck: And that is a good thing on this board.

just get a couple of cheap dial indicators, test indicators, and edge finders for now, chinese will do as you start up. more likely you'll need cleaning and lubing materials more than tooling, at least for now. oh, and you suck big time!!

Back