BXA Tool Post

I’ve bought and tried multiple insert designs, shapes, sizes and configurations, lots of trial and error. Some I use on a daily basis, others I use once or twice a year, a few I tried once and relegated to the drawer, for a long sleep. Once they got blocked up, they stayed blocked up, I’ve bought numerous blocks from CDCO, a couple from PM, a few from Dorian and Aloris.

I have some that work great on aluminum and brass, but worthless on other metals, some that work great on steel and worthless otherwise, one or two that work great on stainless steel and titanium, but hardly stellar on anything else. I have one design that is fabulous on plastics, but probably couldn’t/wouldn’t do a half decent job on anything else, maybe wood.

I made a series of permanent boring bar holders, based on specific shank sizes. Yes, its a lot of blocks, but I hated to have to change tools and reset tip heights, during the job.077AEAD1-1FCD-42AB-8AE2-0FE36A09863C.jpeg

Last edited:
Dang that’s a lot of tools. I thought my 20 was a lot. I use only 4 or 5 tools 90% of the time.

Other than it's fun to amass tools in general, it's not likely most of us actually need anywhere near as many tool holders as we have. I just bought a Chinese wedge BXA so I currently only have 6 holders. And that's really all I need, but I'm sure I'll buy more.

Good grief Jack,who you put out of business getting all their tool holders:)
That's lot of tool holders,I see there's a tool in each one.Nothing better than just reaching for correct one without having to deal with allen wrench's and changing the cutting tool.Nice collection

Back