Cabin Fever Expo 2024, Is anyone going?

It was a good show, picked up a few items and meet up with Dave and Chazz, albeit briefly. I would like to get there next year with some stuff to sell...

I've been bidding and watching something, that every time it gets ready to end on time, the clock restarts at like 2 minutes.
I guess as long as someone bids, they restart the clock...
The price is way up there now.
Yes, that's how they do it to prevent sniping (and bump the price up). I try to set a reasonable max based on the value and what I'm willing to spend, which results in not winning a lot. However, I have seen some really bad stuff go for crazy prices.

I find better deals in the Consignment Area, but missed a couple of items I saw when I was setting up Thursday because I didn't get there early enough Friday. Not a big deal since I had the same tools already, just not Starrett at excellent prices. There are a coupe of Vendors that you can work with that also have good prices (and there are some that you can't work with and their prices are ridiculous).

I think the quality pieces brought top dollar as they should . I didn't like the horrible pictures and they did not name most of the brands in the auction . I'm going to load the auction up next year after seeing what sold . Ed got a nice Jacobs chuck he was looking for also . It's hard to say what they DIDN'T have there . :eek:
Start early, and I think you may have to deliver the stuff to their showroom/warehouse in Douglassville.

So I sold $800 which got me $675 net . Spent $251 . 3 days driving 160 miles everyday . Came out somewhat ahead for once . Meeting up with fine junk lovers as myself........... PRICELESS ! :grin:

So I sold $800 which got me $675 net . Spent $251 . 3 days driving 160 miles everyday . Came out somewhat ahead for once . Meeting up with fine junk lovers as myself........... PRICELESS ! :grin:
You did better than me, spent more than I sold, but then I only had to drive 35 miles round trip, 2 days. However, I'm not sure we were at the same show based on your description of the people you met.

I forgot to tell you about the excitement we had yesterday: somebody (not me) knocked over a burner at the PM Research booth and there was a small tabletop fire. I women (who had probably done the knocking) went wild yelling FIRE, FIRE, the whole place is on FIRE until they dragged her away to calm down. Two booths down nobody even knew anything had happened.

I sold 5 things chazz . 1 of the Kurts , the arbor press , the 1937 Gerstner box , 1 of the Buck chucks and the set of leveling castors . I was glad to see the Gerstner go and possibly be restored by someone that would appreciate it when finished . I swear I'll be more organized for next year . :cool:

If anyone saw the old SB lathe in the exhibiters wing for sale , it sold . The thing was listed at $4900 ! :eek: Not sure what it sold for .

I sold 5 things chazz . 1 of the Kurts , the arbor press , the 1937 Gerstner box , 1 of the Buck chucks and the set of leveling castors . I was glad to see the Gerstner go and possibly be restored by someone that would appreciate it when finished . I swear I'll be more organized for next year . :cool:

If anyone saw the old SB lathe in the exhibiters wing for sale , it sold . The thing was listed at $4900 ! :eek: Not sure what it sold for .
That’s funny, I also sold 5 items: one of the Architect’s lights, the Starrett Acme thread gage & fillet/radius gage, the old combination square head and the bag o’ snugs.

bet you wished someone had taken the machine skates so you wouldn’t had to muscle them away!

I saw that SB and couldn’t believe the price. There was another one hidden away on the left side of the lobby: needed to be reassembled but looked decent and was around $1,000 IIRC.

I saw that SB and couldn’t believe the price.
It did have every attachment ever made for the lathe but still . :grin: I have to unpack the Honda when the wind dies down . The rear tires were hurting on the way home .

what did you think the SB was worth?

Anyone know if the 42-48 inch Starrett micrometer sold? Looked like it was in good shape.

Back