Can I borrow a cup of Kool-mist? / Mister build

So, it turns out the "as shipped" flex hose is total crap. Another segment split already. I ended up replacing it with original, USA-made loc-line branded flex hose. The original kit was: "Mist Coolant Lubrication Spray System for Metal Cutting Engraving Cooling Sprayer Machine for Air Pipe CNC Lathe Milling Drill"
Nothing was exactly as-pictured. I also replaced the dip-tube, check valve and filter with a larger diameter set.

The loc-line cost more than the whole original kit but worth it. Plus, it is in the preferred blue-orange color scheme... www.loc-line.com
All in all I saved a few hundred dollars rolling my own system and it is working well.

Last edited:
@Reddinr too bad, my knock off misters were great. No complaints... well one, but I knew it going in. I wish there were a shut off (ball type) on them so I can keep the settings. I added a ball valve, but it's not close to the system, I have to turn to reach it. I keep thinking I am going to add some solenoid on/off switches, that will turn on when the mill is on. For the surface grinder I don't know I may add one with a manual switch since it's off a rotary phase converter. The lathe probably the ball valve.

Back