Can I borrow a cup of Kool-mist? / Mister build

Iso is a weird flammable. I've played with it and fire. It burns but I don't find it very combustible. You can hold it in your hand and light it on fire. It takes a few seconds before it burns you.

When it does, don't panic and wipe your hands on your pants. You probably don't need to ask how I know that's a problem.
It actually sucks as a combustion product.

Takes roughly 2x the amount of pure alcohol to combust VS gasoline.

So imagine how bad a stochiometric cloud of gas fumes would be, then double that.

You would be high on your own supply, and passed out before getting to explosive levels. Simple fire hazards? Keep your mix under 40% and there's little chance. Way in the back when cars used alcohol in their cooling systems, but they changed this due to people finding dead bums under their cars from them drinking the coolant.

This is also where the insult "You been drinking the coolant?" comes from.

I mix my Koolmist 77 at the recommended 4oz per gallon of water( distilled ), and have zero corrosion issues. Tried it on some sample pieces first before using it on the surface grinder and lathe. So far, so good. Also make it a standard practice to treat the bottom( and mating surfaces ) of all vises, mag chuck, compound slide, etc.... with a fresh coat of LPS3 before they get bolted down.

I mix my Koolmist 77 at the recommended 4oz per gallon of water( distilled ), and have zero corrosion issues.
Same here but to be fair, my shop is climate controlled.

I have not had rust per se, but I have had blackening under my vise to the table, and under my moveable jaw. But they cleaned up pretty easily with oil and scotch brite.

Cleaning out the garage the other day , night , week , month , I found some of the systems I pulled off the mills years ago . I remember distinklly (NPI ) throwing away all the metal containers that they came with because of what was left in them after many years . Yuck . I have quite a few filter housings in the house and will try to hook one up on the mill soon . The BP got some TLC the other night getting PB blasted and general clean up . Looks good for sitting for awhile . Looking at a 10HP RPC ( thanks @Mill Lee farm ) at the moment and picking it up when arrangements are made . Hopefully I can get all 3ph stuff up and running soon . :encourage:

I made some progress on a mist system. I am awaiting a couple of remaining parts but 99% there. I started with some stuff I had around and the $15 nozzle/flex hose kit off of Amazon. The flex hose already has a split section so I glued that, much like a fused vertebrae in my lower back.

Here is a pic or two.

Air and liquid pass-throughs.
OutputFitting.jpg20230704_150545.jpg

Assembly- set up for a pressure test.
20230707_164032.jpg

Back