Carriage Stop for G4003G

View attachment 311385

Ken, this one has an aluminum body and steel locking plate that I'm pretty sure will shear a leadscrew pin. I put the saddle up to it and put a lot of pressure on it and it didn't move so I'm pretty confident it will be fine. Works perfectly as a stop for precision turning and boring but I admit we haven't tested it as crash insurance.

It has a spring under each locking stud so you just loosen the studs and you can slip it on and off the rail. The limit screw can be replaced with a micrometer head if desired.

Works good.
Any possibility you have the time to post a batch of photos of this design over in The Projects Area section?
Should come in handy for those wanting to do up a stop.

Any possibility you have the time to post a batch of photos of this design over in The Projects Area section?
Should come in handy for those wanting to do up a stop.

Hey, Dan. I have an article on it but it needs to be re-written before it's presentable. Short on time right now but it will go on the list, okay?

Cool, another of your neat articles.
There's no rush at all.
I just thought that since it's such a neat design it would be good to have it in a readily available spot instead of buried in all the posts.
As a matter a fact, with all the write ups that you do and the wealth of info contained in them, might I suggest you setup a section over there?
I would be an asset, that's for sure.

Hey, Dan. I have an article on it but it needs to be re-written before it's presentable. Short on time right now but it will go on the list, okay?

Thanks for your kind words, Dan. Not sure anything I do is worth a section of its own but I was thinking of asking @vtcnc /Bryan if I could make a folder to put everything in one place. There are articles I've done that haven't been published on HM and having them in one place would make them easier to find. I'll ask; they might say yes, you never know.

Thanks for your kind words, Dan. Not sure anything I do is worth a section of its own but I was thinking of asking @vtcnc /Bryan if I could make a folder to put everything in one place. There are articles I've done that haven't been published on HM and having them in one place would make them easier to find. I'll ask; they might say yes, you never know.

Mike, anyone can request to have their own sub-forum for their projects. Just ask & ye shall receive.

But now that you are a moderator, we have a section for moderator projects.

In case you guys haven't noticed, @mikey is now part of the Staff team. Please congratulate him & go easy on him.... for now anyway, give him some time to get situated, then give him hell! :big grin:

(Oops, sorry to the OP for the thread hijack)

Hey, wait a minute! Give him hell? I thought all I had to do was sit back and eat popcorn ... :(

That's just what we tell you to trick you into it! ;)

J/K of course, we're lucky to have great members here who don't cause trouble.

Yep, true that. Luckily we don't get too many though & they end up not lasting long here anyway (not always us who show them the door out).

Back