Carriage stop project off to a rough start

Probably 70°; that's what's on my Clausing anyway.

Hoping to find a 70° endmill one day so it's easier to make things to fit the ways. Using long narrow endmills and 2 setups is not the most enjoyable/easy thing.
Really?

For 5900 and 6900 lathes, 100% positive. Not sure about your particular lathe, made a quick search in the manual for the bigger gearheads, but no mention of the angle they used. Why not just ask clausing? They have always been quick and responsive when I have contacted them.

Use a universal bevel and transpose it to the Starrett protractor Jeff .

Fix the edge stop.
:(

Yea, I don't know why they would have done that. But I don't see you buying anymore stops... or attachments without checking ahead next time.
It's wierd, but Now that you know.

edit: Or make your own.
My experience with making my own carriage stop was that the clamping mechanism has to be STOUT enough to hold the
stop in place when the carriage bumps up against it. I don't use it much for that reason. If I build another it
will have TWO large clamps to hold it in place.

I may have an indicator holding carriage stop for a Clausing laying around Jeff . I went with a micrometer stop and added a trav-a-dial on the carriage . I'm finding all kinds of older stuff these days . Putting some of it on the bay if it's useable .

Yup, looks like 50 deg to me, too. Since this is how you have to cut it, best to measure it using the flat as your reference.
mikey,
You have helped me so many times.
I sure appreciate your advice!

Back