Cleaning up the garage

And profitable ! :grin: I'll make $1200 on this next tractor for a days effort , not bad for turning a few wrenches , listening to music and having a few beers . " Easy money " as Rodney used to say . :encourage:
And it beats the hell outta sitting in front of the boobtube letting your brain rot! Having the true luxury of doing what you want, when you want. And finally getting to projects like organizing. Livin’ the dream……

Or wasting time on a machining forum. Just sayin'

I just finished swamping out the workshop. My son and I built a pull out storage drawer system for the back of his Tacoma. Place looked like a bomb went off. Project was the worst. Lotta sawdust from cutting plywood. Lotta grinder dust from cutting and welding the steel support structure. I REALLY don't like when those two jobs coincide.

Anyway, finished cleaning and promptly rolled the 66 Mustang in for some exhaust system work. s/ I LOVE crawling under a car. /s

Last edited:
Or wasting time on a machining forum. Just sayin'

I just finished swamping out the workshop. My son and I built a pull out storage drawer system for the back of his Tacoma. Place looked like a bomb went off. Project was the worst. Lotta sawdust from cutting plywood. Lotta grinder dust from cutting and welding the steel support structure. I REALLY don't like when those two jobs coincide.

Anyway, finished cleaning and promptly rolled the 66 Mustang in for some exhaust system work. I LOVE crawling under a car.
I don't like crawling under anymore, I get dizzy... Would love to have a lift, but I don't have the ceiling height.

wasting time on a machine forum??? WHAT... blasphemy. :p

I don't like crawling under anymore, I get dizzy... Would love to have a lift, but I don't have the ceiling height.
One of my (previous) business acquaintances has a lift in his garage - his hobby is assembling classic replicas. Being a little older than I he buys kits, builds them and farms out the more difficult jobs (like upholstery). He and his close circle of friends (closer than I am unfortunately) also regularly go on field trips to Daytona, Charlotte and Watkins Glen.

wasting time on a machine forum??? WHAT... blasphemy. :p
Maybe worthy of a time-out??

Now THERE’S a waste of time. I have always hated rolling around on the floor even when I was young.
Me too! I'm building the Whatever project so everything is accessible from the top. Besides, it's only going to have 5 inches of ground clearance Clarence! No way I can get an arm under it, let alone my fat...

Back