Cleaning up the garage

Stop lying, it's you filling it with your tools :laughing: ...
Give her a shed, and tell her that your stuff needs electricity and a concrete floor.
She has a large bedroom that she uses for her crafts. We live in a HOA no place for a she shed. We park both vehicles in the garage which doubles as a shop. Her stuff keeps expanding. Stuff she never uses just keeps collecting.

She has a large bedroom that she uses for her crafts. We live in a HOA no place for a she shed. We park both vehicles in the garage which doubles as a shop. Her stuff keeps expanding. Stuff she never uses just keeps collecting.
can you build shelves , or do you already have them? Shelving works great over work areas, provides a place to hang light bars. If I had a garage , full out building, or barn, I would bring in heavy shelving like Home Depot or Lowes, and load seldom used machines above, and have my work bench below, or machines below. if you have a small space, size the shelving appropriately. You can even hang them from the rafters and float them above the cars.

Done that. I have 26 feet of heavy duty shelves from COSTCO on both sides of the garage. All my wood working equipment is on wheels. Every time I clear space she fills it up with "good things" that never get used again. I have acquired a hoarder. OH MY.

If I had a garage , full out building, or barn, I would bring in heavy shelving like Home Depot or Lowes, and load seldom used machines above, and have my work bench below, or machines below.
Ah ha ! The truth comes out ..............................just another wannabe hoarder . :grin::big grin:

we have been in this house for 6 years, when we moved in i had a detailed plan on where stuff should be put when moved to the new house. forced ot at work and a LOT of help from friends got us moved... i still haven't found the paper that i wrote the plan on, garage shop is finally really becoming useful space.... me and my wife suffer from the fill 10sq feet with 20 bug

i had a detailed plan on where stuff should be put when moved to the new house.
Many years ago we moved with the help of many friends. I made 100 copies of the floor plan of the new house and as we packed boxes, we taped the floor plan picture with a X in the room where the box should get unloaded. It worked out very well and would do it again if the need arises.

Many years ago we moved with the help of many friends. I made 100 copies of the floor plan of the new house and as we packed boxes, we taped the floor plan picture with a X in the room where the box should get unloaded. It worked out very well and would do it again if the need arises.
That's one I'm going to remember!

Now THERE’S a waste of time. I have always hated rolling around on the floor even when I was young.
After owning my Michigan shop with a 10k lb hoist I’m very selective about the jobs I’ll do that take lying on the ground.
Brakes and oil changes are about it….

John

Done that. I have 26 feet of heavy duty shelves from COSTCO on both sides of the garage. All my wood working equipment is on wheels. Every time I clear space she fills it up with "good things" that never get used again. I have acquired a hoarder. OH MY.
Just go rent a mini storage space and see how quickly she decides to get rid of things.

John

Back