Cletus' PM-935TS-3PH Mill Log

Cletus

Registered
Registered
Well, I'm restricted in my movements thanks to Covid19 as the entire country here is under a state of emergency. All retail stores are closed only supermarkets and pharmacies are open for business and hardware stores restricted to a couple days per week and restricted hours as well. There's also a curfew in force.
My PM-935TS-3PH has been ordered, and during the wait I've been shopping on-line for tooling and measuring instrumentation to compliment it (man, did I buy stuff already!). Also, I've been busy in the workshop building and modifying stuff for it.
I've started this thread to document the build/setup of my mill, accessories and modifications, in the hope it may be of assistance to someone looking to come down this rabbit-hole as well. I may come back and edit my posts as necessary to update the content and attempt to keep it relevant.
The mill should hopefully arrive within a couple months ......the wait is killing me! :)

Here are a couple items recently completed in the shop for it:

Rotary table drive.jpg

Built a stand-alone controller (Arduino Nano) for the CNC Rotary Table from my CNC Mini-Mill, will use this for small stuff on the new mill (semi retired but still into Biomedical field support and custom fixtures).

This control system (I will be using a Hitachi WJ200-022SF VFD) was built using my Langmuir Systems Crossfire CNC Pasma-Jet Table

Last edited:
Well, the goodies have started to arrive! A whole bunch of endmills will be in next week .....exciting times! :)
Disp1.jpg

Attachments

• Disp2.jpg
    Disp2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 172
  • Boring.jpg
    Boring.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 177
  • FaceMill.jpg
    FaceMill.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 180
  • Metrology.jpg
    Metrology.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 175
Configuration of the PM-935TS-3PH will be:
Hitachi WJ200-022SF VFD, PM 3-axis DRO, Align X-axis feed, Align Z-axis feed, 11-pc R8 Collet set, 52-pc Clamping set, 5" High Precision Vise, R8 Keyless Drill Chuck, Leveling pads and Power Drawbar.

Built me two really nice work-lights today for the mill. Two cheap microphone booms and two Westinghouse 69032 LED downlighters. Each 12W, 6500K, they're really bright and no shadows.

Also made the VFD mounts (CNC plasma cut). I'm mounting the VFD and all the relays, breakers etc inside the pedestial. There will be a removable lexan window for the VFD front panel access.

Sorry about the messy workbench, too many things going on on it right now.

Work Lamps.jpg

VFD Mount.jpg

So, the plan is to replace the removable cover plate on either the backside or left-side of the column with this custom plasma-cut power distribution panel (have to wait for the mill to actually arrive to size the cover plate properly).
All relays, contactors, VFD, 12VDC 2A power supply, etc will be housed inside the column. The switched and fused (15A breaker) 115VAC outlets will supply the power feeds, illumination lamps, my powered Rotary Table, etc.

PM935TS-3PH POWER PANEL.jpg

Last edited:
Back