Compressor troubleshoot & "upgrade"

Yep. Saw that. That's why I drain frequently and there is always a creamy water coming out,never rusty so I take that as a good sign.
If your condensate liquid is creamy that indicates the presence oil. Be shure you have a water oil seperator on the down stream end.

Michael, it looks like you're going through the same thing I went through when I had to make decision whether A= fix my used/old inexpensive compressor that had reached the end of its life ,or B= should I buy a new one and use it nearly problem free for another 10 years , the answer for me was easy since the price of small compressors was/still is about $50-75 more than the price of the parts I needed to repair the old one, now I'm not sure if that's the case in SA but if it is, then I think the best/long term course of action(IMHO) is, to buy another small compressor and dismantle the old , keep the tank for future use, i.e.: air pig tank.

Michael, it looks like you're going through the same thing I went through when I had to make decision whether A= fix my used/old inexpensive compressor that had reached the end of its life ,or B= should I buy a new one and use it nearly problem free for another 10 years , the answer for me was easy since the price of small compressors was/still is about $50-75 more than the price of the parts I needed to repair the old one, now I'm not sure if that's the case in SA but if it is, then I think the best/long term course of action(IMHO) is, to buy another small compressor and dismantle the old , keep the tank for future use, i.e.: air pig tank.
Hi Ken.

I already bought a new one.....ok it was so cheap on special with accessories, I bought two,but going to sell one later because it was on discount price now so I will get some money back. I am still going to strip the old one and if it is the reed valve,which I think it is, and I can fix it well then it is a bonus. Otherwise I will maybe join the two tanks for more capacity.

Back