Corona-Just My Thoughts Only

horty

Registered
Registered
Hi, been gone for awhile, needed to get away, sometimes I think why I live in ND, its embarrassing to tell people where I'm from because of the increase of virus in ND.
I know it started at the sturgis rally, a friend of mine was there from Nebraska, he has the virus, he told me about 2% of the people there were wearing masks, this macho crap is going to cause a lot of deaths... thousands of people will die, and it really pisses me off that people can be so stupid..

I'm not in a good mood today, my wife has been fighting colon and lung cancer for 2 years, and I will be damned if I will bring this virus home to her, If I did my life would end to..Its very stressful to go grocery shopping and see all these idiots strutting around like nothing is going on in our country..and my thoughts of spreading it to family and friends... I wear my mask when ever I leave and go anywhere, I wash my hands, arms,face every time I come back.

Was at walmart this morning to pick up some frozen food, I'm walking done the Isle and wanting to get into the big door to get my stuff, Nut case is standing there hacking, coughing in his hands and grabbing the handles looking at the frozen food.. I left with nothing and flushed my hands with alcohol that I carry in my pickup.

Use to have friends and family out to do grilling, have some beer, that stopped along time ago, no one evens call anymore because I chase them away, If they don't understand the seriousness of this virus, I dont want them here.

Just need to do some venting, and I pray that no one else will die, but thats not the case, so all I can do Is hope for the best and take care of my wife and myself.. and those that get sick and are laying there not being able to breath like they are suffocating will think about how stupid it was not to wear a mask.

Tim

Tim, I share your feelings. The mentality here in my part of Northern California is the same. My wife works as a phlebotomist in a women's clinic, so she has to touch multiple pregnant women each day. The office has not been taking the pandemic seriously, with little to no measures being taken until last week when the county health department threatened to shut them down. The staff is still only wearing masks when they think someone is watching. Given my continual risk of exposure, I am no longer going into my client's homes, making it much more difficult to work. I am astounded and extremely disheartened at the level of denial, selfishness and outright stupidity that is all around me. I have lost all respect for people who used to be my friends.

All we can do is take care of our own, set a good example and pray we make it out the other side.

edit: I forgot to mention that we are doing our grocery shopping online at Walmart. I then go down to the store and they bring the groceries out and put them in the car. I'm not allowed in most stores.

Last edited:
I feel you anger Tim. We have the same level of ignorance here. Don't think it'll go away either.
As far as your so called friends go, let it be their problem and not yours, you have enough on your plate. Anybody with any compassion should be understanding. I know I would be.
My thoughts are with you and your wife.

My mom is 90 and I take care of her. I just flew back to Elk Rapids to get things here ready for winter. So far most seem to be wearing masks and likewise in Santa Cruz.

The danger is very real no matter where you live or what you think. Masks are not comfortable and my hands are even drier than normal with all the sanitizer and washing but this is the best we have for now.

I would encourage you to report businesses that don’t follow state or local orders to your county health department. They may not have enough resources but at least knowing where to look might help.

Stay safe out there.

John

I’m so sorry Tim, my heart goes out to you and your wife.

We have taken care of so many family members and the last was my dad in May. He was 90 and was just done. I was glad he didn’t have to go through contracting Covid on top of everything else. It’s very apparent to anybody not suffering from RectalCranial Inversion that masks work along with distancing and sanitation practices. There is an interesting map overlay on WeatherUnderground for Covid by county, # of cases and deaths. The counties around us, especially to the east have 33,000 cases and 420 dead where we have 4,000 cases and 31 dead. We are a tourist spot and every time there is a holiday or a spike in tourists there is a corresponding spike in cases 5-15days later here. These counties are the heart of these folks who think it’s all a hoax, fake news, and demand their freedom from logic or sanity. Unfortunately I have several family members who buy into that. Needless to say we aren’t doing Thanksgiving, or Christmas get togethers any time soon.

Be safe.

I hear you also. The dynamic of watching peoples behaviors evolve is fascinating to me. Not to mention how polarization has played a critical fatal effect on how we can tackle problems is mind blowing.

All it takes is to know someone close who has gotten it and suffered through it or worse yet passed to know how they will deal with it from then on.

We can only take the time to learn how some countries are keeping it in check, its those countries who have had these scares before i.e. SARS that have been fairly well on top of it.

Well both my wife and I are following the guidelines and doing even more than the recommendations when possible. Count us in for the long haul. But thank God for the internet, her piano and my workshop.
Also glad to have you folks to chat with.

Some persons are really hurting even if they don't have the virus. Time will tell how all this shakes out.

My Mom checked out last year at age 93. I'm glad she missed this little party- she had a full life without killer microbes to deal with.
-Mark

Back