Corona-Just My Thoughts Only

We had a family reunion planned for last June, with people coming from California, Georgia and Washington, my wife told them all to stay home, I'm so proud of her, she has to deal with some hurt feelings from the non-believers, but I think she saved our lives.

When I hear or read about people not wearing masks, in every case, I also hear terms like "freedom", "patriot", and even God. What I'd like to say to all these religious, freedom-loving, patriots is, "The virus can't hear you, but senses that you're a willing host." It doesn't give me much faith in humanity when we're this dumb, selfish, and delusional.

The generation who got ass whoopings, and who better have had a foot on the front porch when the street lights came on, is talking to the generation who got time outs, and a trophy for just participating.:mad:

Protect the freedom to be ignorant, inconsiderate, and potentially lethal at all costs. One thing I will never understand is how wearing a mask to protect your fellow citizens (one possibility of what Jesus meant by "love one another") is now an affront to freedom, religion, and liberty. Here are some facts: Patriotism isn't necessary for survival. Patriotism is not needed for a nation to thrive. Patriotism isn't needed as a justification of right from wrong. Patriotism, as it's being packaged and sold today, boils down to the right to act like a complete asswipe in public; to endanger your family and friends, in the name of god and country. Patriotism has become something very damaging, unhealthy, and nearly as psychotic as the religions people invoke it to protect. I love my country, even if it hurts or becomes embarrassing, but don't call me a patriot. I don't believe in unconditional love. It's a 2-way street, you have to do right to live in the world you want to live in. If you don't, then you earn the consequences. You can wave the flag all you want, but if you f-word your sister, you're a sister-effer and deserve to go to hell in my book.

Edit: And if you rush out to the chinese dollar store to buy a flag to fly on your pickup truck, then congratulations! You've done the absolute minimum to show you care about your country and the people around you.

I feel a lot of the same anger already expressed. My wife has also had some serious auto immune health issues and is high risk. I've had to hold my tongue a number of times... I imagine it would come to blows if I said what I'm feeling... big signs on the doors... "face covering or masks required for entry" and half the folks inside aren't wearing one. Store owners have no legal recourse in Arizona. I don't care if folks have no regard for their own health, but the sad part is they have no regard for others which is the whole purpose of wearing a mask. I just keep hoping that they come out with an effective vaccine soon. I wish no one ill will, but the folks not wearing masks are the same ones who will most likely decline getting the vaccine. Justice will likely prevail.

Last edited:
Hey fellas. Lighten up. I have a true story from this weekend. It brought a smile to my face.

I went to a garage sale that featured tools. The ad said all shoppers had to wear a mask. There was this old man sorting through the tools, basically making a spectacle of himself, and not wearing a mask. After a while, I noticed that some people were making some comments about him. I thought of confronting him, but decided to move to another area and keep a distance. I sort of forgot all this and was suddenly rudely interrupted by a loud whirring noise and a cloud of smoke. It was the old man, and he was shouting. One of the sellers started chuckling and said that he must have activated the old manual crop duster, and it still had insecticide inside it. I think everybody was glad they had masks on, since that stuff burned, even through the mask. The old man appeared to have gotten quite a faceful of it. There were two young ladies laughing it up. One said, "OMG, I wish I got a video of that; it would have sooo gone on YouTube." Anyway, I got a "bee smoker" and a nice tap wrench. Although I dislike deriving any sort of pleasure out of others' misfortunes, this was admittedly a little poetic.

Remember when shopping for groceries was enjoyable and not a chore?
We wear masks to protect others when out, why can't others understand and fathom this?
Those who chose not to wear a mask are threatening our health, no different than threatening with a weapon.
Let's just try it for a couple of months and see what happens. No different than wearing a seat belt or stopping at stop signs.

I don't understand the mentality at all. As stated above, 'You can't fix STUPID', but as the Wife says, "can you club it?"...
I'm going to go back to wearing my 3M respirator when I have to go out.

How many stories of 'I was wrong about this virus, and now...' have to be told before people get the bloody message?

Stay safe everyone.

People make fun of California, but every establishment has a sign at the door, “No shirt, no shoes, no service” ” and we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone”. I’ve also pointed out a knot head or two if masks don’t work if you were having surgery would you care if the surgeon wore a mask? I would. But I see YouTube after another of “Karen’s” exerting their ”rights”. The most annoying is it’s empowered these bozo’s to wear just these silly face shields or their bandanna on their neck or just over their mouth. I often wonder if they consciously taking themselves out of the gene pool or if like so many drunk drivers they never get hurt while taking out innocents.

Back