Craftsman power hacksaw question

I know this thread is a couple of months old, but I am in the final stages of a rehab of one of these, just got off chat with Sears, they started at $180 for the part, the did a "price match" to $139. Had to say no even at that.

If someone has the drawings, could I get a copy, maybe I can mill one up!

I would also like to find a copy of drawing for this part. It's about all I need to finish my saw.

Paul

Gents,

Looking at the photo, it appears the wear is in the center of the component. Would it be possible to install a spacer behind it to get the pawl onto good teeth?

Then after that spot wears out, remove the spacer and cut down the width to use the outer teeth.

Just trying to think how a Farmer would fix it with no investment except time.

The problem with mine isn't so much wear as it is damage. It appears some idiot forced the saw frame down while it was being held up by the ratchet.
I have the drawing saved in my e-mail, if anyone wants me to send it, just send me an e-mail to lathemill@juno.com, and I'll send it.

You might be able to clean that up with a checkering file. 20 or 40 lines per inch.

You might be able to clean that up with a checkering file. 20 or 40 lines per inch.

I already did that with mine and it will probably work except for the area where the tips are stripped off.
Going to put it back together and try it this weekend.

I know this is old but in case someone has the same issue, the Feed Ratchet Block, 053-047 appears available from ereplacement.com under the Atlas 4350 and/or Craftsman 101.22940 for....are you ready....$205.99.

Just wondering if anyone has been able to find replacement ratchet feed blocks for the Craftsman 101.22940 hack saw.
I have a machinist who may be able to help. I am talking with him now as to if he can do it and for how much.
Please let me know if you would be interested in one and I will see what I can work out for pricing. I would love to get mine operational. It was a side of the road find and just love the old school tools. I've attached a photo of the part just for clarification. I am sure you know which part I mean, but posting anyway for any others who may need one or want one as a back up.
Has anyone tried using tool steel tig welding rods? I recently watched a This Old Tony video on YouTube where he put a tool steel edge on a hatchet. There would be a lot of fine filing work but may give life to these old beauties

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210110-195754_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210110-195754_Chrome.jpg
    622.1 KB · Views: 6
There is one person who auctions these old unit parts on Ebay and at the moment they have only a cover for the crank-gear and crankshaft. I was hoping someone would have the dimensions for the block that has the rod to shut the blade off. I've put in the electrical switch but have hesitated on the block since they came on the Covey model and no one seems to have the dimensions or close up's of any modification. I was just trying to keep the unit as original as possible. I tried a part two weeks ago from Ereplacement to make a set of enlarged pins to hold the blade as I want to use a thicker/wider blade for strength but even what they list is no longer available so I'll have to make set which isn't difficult, just trying to make it easier by starting with an original part..

Back