Crossing the border . US to Canada and back or visa versa .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Off hand , does anyone know the situation ? I just googled this and found lots of mixed information on the subject . I do have a family member up in Toronto ( son ) that has been there for just over 4 months , and I'm more than ready for a road trip . :)

To the best of my knowledge the border is closed except for essential business travel i.e. OTR transport.

Yeah Dave . I'm reading all these exemptions they list but they're not real clear cut .

Heard on the news they want to make it harder to cross than what is above.
Yep John , that is the website I was trying to navigate until I got lost . :grin: Kind of makes me just want to wait until they just open the border up once and for all .

Yeah Dave . I'm reading all these exemptions they list but they're not real clear cut .
If you qualify for an exemption there is still the quarantine phase you will need to deal with. My family is in BC and it is a strict 14 days. My understanding in Ontario is there is a required 3 days you have to pay for. Then still an expectation that you do the other 14 on your own. So plan an extra 14-17 days into your travel plans.

Talk was to make it the same as air travel, 3 day quarantine at a hotel of their choosing for only $2000 per person.
I have already cancelled the car show I go to in Detroit.

3 day quarantine at a hotel of their choosing for only $2000 per person.
Is this US or Canadian $$$$ . :eek 2: :dollars:Either way , it's not gonna happen . :cussing:

Yes I forgot about the quarantine period.
Ontario is in bad shape right now.

Back