Deckel knock-off tool grinding

Here's the puller that I made. I just measured the thread and prototyped on the fly (totally winging it). It's really just a fancy bolt. The flats are for a wrench, to break it loose, then I can speed it the rest of the way without any interfering handles. I can't remember if it's mystery stainless or W1 tool steel, but it's one of those.
View attachment 342278
Mr. Pontiac,
I'm not sure what your tool is used for?
I'll keep this pic in my file.

Last edited:
Yes,
That's the one.
I'm waiting for Shars to contact me with the freight charge.

Hey I just got an email from Shars promoting their Black Monday sale with 20% off their items. You might be able to save a few bucks. 11/26-11/30

Also please let us know what the shipping runs to your place. I am thinking about this item also.

Hmm,
They haven't got back to me yet for freight. I'll ask them if this is going to be in the sale.

The correct part number for the Shars hub is in their catalog in the main listing for the grinder. I bought a few extra. They were having stock issues for awhile on those, but that was last year.

I didn't see anything listed as a hub. Is it any of this stuff listed?

Capture.PNG

Hey Jeff... I know that you are committed to the Shars unit, but if you feel real adventurous you can make a universal sharpening tool.
I ordered the plans for ---> This Unit<---
There are a few guys on here that have made one. Jack Coffman is one of them.

Back