Destroying a "MYTH"

FWIW, I have boiled hot and cold water and timed it......hot water boiled first.

Bill, While I may never be quite convinced that some of the things that run through my mind aren't just a bit silly I must say This forum is very unlike most others on the web in how open and welcoming it is to rank amateurs. As a complete novice this is very refreshing and I am thankful for it.

Well I am a noob when it comes to metal and have posted a number of questions and observations her and was welcomed by all. Thank you everyone for your helpful contributions as well as your future support as a new wanna be machinist.

I tell my kids that we all have to start somewhere and even if you are wrong, as long as you learned something that is all that counts. Of course it is fun to send the young guy out for the board stretcher every once in a while...:roflmao:

You might also send him out for some relative bearings while your at it. A buddy of mine from work did this to a new guy while he was in the Navy. They had the poor guy going all over San Diego trying to find those things :)

When I was working on Helicopters in the service they were sent for a bucket of Rotor Wash. :lmao:::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G"

I'm sorry guys but this is just too serious a problem to me. To hold back a question because something in your head says it's stupid is to have a defeatist attitude. You are doomed before you can get your feet wet. Back in the stone age they were there. But not today and surely not on this Forum.

"Billy G"

If someone considers their own question or their own answer 'stupid' then let them. They have their reasons whatever they are. We don't need to know. Criticising someone for self inflicting the word stupid is a rejection of that person's question or answer. The best way to show that a question is not stupid is to give a decent reply to the question. Chances are they will drop the notion of stupid on their own.

After reading the other posts here I went and asked my darlin to put some hot ice cubes in my coffee to keep it hot. She didn't use the 'S' word but she gave me one of those looks. You guys are going to get me in trouble.

Last edited:
Bill Gruby: I have another problem; I had less than half a can of "Essential everyday" brand corn in the fridge last night. I poured them into a bowl and decided that it was an insufficient serving. I opened another can of the SAME BRAND,mind you,and poured the corn into the bowl. Then,I noticed that the 2nd. can had MUCH larger kernels than the first can. Both were the same brand.

Now,I have a bowl full of kernels of 2 different sizes of corn. This greatly disturbs my sense of order and continuity in the universe. It is like somehow,the mixed kernel sizes have destroyed the purity of the first can of kernels.

What can I do to resolve this problem ? I am very disturbed by it,and cannot stand to go near the kitchen counter where that bowl is.

You must muster enough courage to go to the counter for this to work George. It's tough but you will have to man up to the challenge.

Separate them as best you can into the two sizes. Put the smaller ones back in the fridge, leave them till step two is complete. Step two -- leave the larger ones out on the counter lightly covered. They will dehydrate.

Check from time to time with the ones in the fridge. When the larger ones have dehydrated to the same size as the ones in the fridge combine them again and you won't notice the difference any more.

"Billy G"

Bill,once again,you provide wisdom and guidance for eliminating a tough problem. May I possibly use the dehydrated kernels to make Amish dried corn soup?

Absolutely George, when's lunch? :lmao:

"Billy G"

Back