Destroying a "MYTH"

Thank guys. This is one of the reasons I like it here. I never considered myself inexperienced or dumb, but I have left all other forums because of the "good ole boy" pecking order. There was or seemed to be a group of "originals" that always had to pick everything apart instead of saying "that is a good idea " or "Thanks for posting that". When they started that crap, I just take my toys and go home. We are here to pass along what we know and try to preserve our profession and that can't be done in an environment where someone has to pick you apart or ridicule you in some way so they feel better. This place is what it is because you don't let that happen here and I personally applaud you for that.

:applause:

Mark Frazier

By the way, you guys have messed me up bad. I have an automatic ice maker that makes half round ice cubes. I been staring at that darn thing ever since I read this thread and have no idea what to do.

35 years ago my wife started doing that 'hot water into ice cubes' thing.
It actually works. I was impressed.

She would also place a cat on her forehead to 'draw out' headaches.

I have no idea if that worked.

We went thru a lotta cats...

I have one of those ice makers that makes the half round cubes also, shaped like a woodruff key. Definitely not shaped like a cube at all.

So, am I correct in stating that my ice maker makes "ice keys" or "ice rockers" instead of "ice cubes"?? Does this mean that I have "Scotch on the rockers" and not "Scotch on the rocks"?

No matter what they are called, they seem to do a fine job of chilling my glass of chosen beverage regardless of shape or how fast they froze.

I have one of those ice makers that makes the half round cubes also, shaped like a woodruff key. Definitely not shaped like a cube at all.

So, am I correct in stating that my ice maker makes "ice keys" or "ice rockers" instead of "ice cubes"?? Does this mean that I have "Scotch on the rockers" and not "Scotch on the rocks"?

No matter what they are called, they seem to do a fine job of chilling my glass of chosen beverage regardless of shape or how fast they froze.

Those of us in the trade call them by their scientific name... "semi hockey pucks".

Not to be too philosophical about this question...

If a person asks, "Is the sky blue?", one might reply, " What a stupid question?"

If a child asked the same question, we would call them curious not stupid.

I can't imagine what a stupid question would look like without calling children stupid. More than a myth, it is immoral.

Billy are you off your meds again and seeing things?:rofl:

Back