DoAll G-10 Surface Grinder

TNBen60

Registered
Registered
I have never fooled with a grinder before. I am trying to get the wheel off. If it works the way I was told it works it is taking more force than I am comfortable with. I’m using a dead blow hammer on a spanner.

Can someone confirm that the thread is left handed on the adapter and that there isn’t a step I’m missing to get it off?

Attachments

• 98DCC281-7BB2-4B9F-9417-34A97976406E.jpeg
    98DCC281-7BB2-4B9F-9417-34A97976406E.jpeg
    748.4 KB · Views: 70
If the wheel spins clockwise, the wheel retainer should be left handed. The wheel itself could be removed by taking the four allen head screws out and pulling the wheel off, not an easy task sometimes with rusting. If the two holes on the face of the flange are tapped, it is probably intended to use the flange retaining bolts to jack the flange off the wheel adaptor body.

If the wheel spins clockwise, the wheel retainer should be left handed. The wheel itself could be removed by taking the four allen head screws out and pulling the wheel off, not an easy task sometimes with rusting. If the two holes on the face of the flange are tapped, it is probably intended to use the flange retaining bolts to jack the flange off the wheel adaptor body.
Thanks, the holes are not tapped. It does turn clockwise so the left hand thread made sense to me. I didn’t want to bang real hard near the spindle. I will cipher on it a bit and have another go.

If you can make a socket spanner to fit, using an impact wrench would be a lot easier on the spindle bearings.

If you can make a socket spanner to fit, using an impact wrench would be a lot easier on the spindle bearings.
I was headed roughly in that direction but I like your idea better. Thanks

The back side flange may have a hole for a pin (the Sopko arbors on my Ingar SG do)? Make a properly fitted hook wrench as backup. If that does not make sense, I can send you a picture of my set up.

Success. I hate to admit it but I followed what someone else had done in the past. They chipped the nut near the pin hole. I chipped it a bit more. Fortunately there is a fresh set of pin holes on the opposite face. Thanks jwmelvin for the idea.

Attachments

• 5993D664-C9D2-4BDB-AEFC-8203447D35E7.jpeg
    5993D664-C9D2-4BDB-AEFC-8203447D35E7.jpeg
    566.7 KB · Views: 61
Nice to see it worked out. And the spindle taper looks good.

I was gifted this DoAll G-10 Surface Grinder. I have been taking pictures as I slowly go through it primarily as a source of breadcrumbs to help put it back together. If there is any interest I can post a few of them.

Attachments

• 4F16EB75-13F5-4E35-B094-A38FDF69C991.jpeg
    4F16EB75-13F5-4E35-B094-A38FDF69C991.jpeg
    339.2 KB · Views: 57
Post away, we love pics. Do the hydraulic feeds work? Mike

Back