Does It Exists, 3 Axis Display 4 Igaging Dro?

I do not no what the heck I am doing but downloaded all sites that seem to apply and plugged it in and it said loading drive and then driver installed. maybe it will work then not sure.

That may just be a simple driver your computer downloaded to communicate with the device. I would still follow the steps to flash the msp430. I will look into which one of those files will work when I get a chance. If I remember correctly the numbers are off but the description on the 435f matched what you needed. Also worth looking into rex21 post. That may be the easiest route.

Ok from no nothing I did download the Flash-programer 2 1 .70 zip file and this time I plugged the MSP430 into the computer and unzipped the file and in about 7 min it said it was installed.
I downloaded the DigitalReadout_Universal_V0.3 (1).hex on to my download file of the computer section. not sure what to do with this. and still not sure what else I need to make this work

I have tried everything in my power/abilities, I can not get the MSP430 to work, it connects and disconnect in about 5 seconds, If anyone would be able to flash it to work, I would be happy to shipped the wired up parts to you with money for shipping back to help me out, thanks ED

Did you install the driver on your computer for the MSP430?

I plugged in the MSP and I unzipped and I think I loaded the driver took about 7 min and said driver installed but not at all sure what I am doing

When you say it disconnects in 5 seconds, do you mean from the computer? When you plug it in does the computer recognize it? It should say something like msp430 is now ready. If not the driver is not loaded right.

I just found something on the computer when I plug it in it shows SamrtRFFlash Programmer 2 ver 1.7.0 with connected devise Msp430 application u....... unknow. there is a place for erase program and verify to check

when I said it disconnect is when I have the app on the phone it will connect and numbers turn green and then disconnect from the bluetooth.

Last edited:
Hi Ed,
If you're following the instructions on Yuriy's site, you also have to read the comments below.
Apparently TI did an update and moved some things around.
Here's the comment from Brian Dantz down towards the bottom of the page.

Brian DantzJuly 2, 2015 at 6:39 PM
Never mind. Figured it out. Rev 1.2 has a solid red light. Rev 1.3 has a 10 Hz flash. Duh!
When you wrote your instructions above, 1.3 wasn't born yet.

Also, folks will have to snoop around TI's site to get the goods. they have changed their site since you (meaning Yuriy) wrote this instruction.

here's some instructions for guys that type with one finger...this method puts everything in one path including your drivers, exe's, bat's, dll's and so on...
1) Look for a package called "MSP-EXP430G2 Software Examples" .
2) fill out the agreement (all lines, put your name and email in for company and website)
3) Download the MSP-EXP430G2 Software Examples
4) unzip it to a folder like c:\ti\ (Composer Studio will have created the same path if you have it already)
5) drill into a folder called "Binaries", drill deeper into "MSP430flasher"
6) copy the contents of this folder back into c:\ti\
7) drill into a folder called "Binaries", drill deeper into "drivers"
8) copy the contents of this folder back into c:\ti\
9) download the firmware of your choice. use the HEX version so you don't have to paste the text into a TXT file
10) find your download in your windows "downloads" folder. copy it into c:\ti\
11) open notepad and paste in the following

msp430flasher.exe -n Unknown -w "DigitalReadoutBasic_v1.3.hex" -v -g -z [VCC]
pause
rem DigitalReadout_Quadrature_v1.1.hex
rem DigitalReadoutBasic_v1.3.hex
rem DigitalReadout_Universal_V0.3.hex
rem DigitalReadoutBasic_v1.2.hex

12) go to "file", "save as" Loader.bat in the c:\ti\ directory

Note: i saved the names of a few of the files you could choose in the "REM" lines so you can copy and paste the in the top line where i have "DigitalReadoutBasic_v1.3.hex" .
Note: the "pause" line hols the window open so you can see what happened after it executes without the window slamming shut.
13) plug in your board and let windows find all the drivers
14) go to c:\ti\ and double click on "loader.bat"
15) you should be cooking in 5 seconds tops.
hope this fills in the gaps. all your files are sitting together so paths won't be an issue.

Back