Does It Exists, 3 Axis Display 4 Igaging Dro?

Here we go, I can't believe how thorough you were in your instruction, I followed them to completion. it all ended well with Program of MSP430G 2xx3 successfully completed. You went way beyond what a person should take time to do. I plugged the device into the Motorola power supply and now the unit stays connected and seems to stay connected. I did cover all the connections to the bluetooth. and it is on a rubber mat on my mill. when I plug in the mini usb from the scales there is no movement of the numbers. I realize I will have to set the counter to a 1 2 3 block I saw in the video, but should I get some random number movement when I move the table??
I sure wish I could do something to repay all the work you have done for me. Thanks all youguys and especially MALcocer for the detailed info. and I hope that it will help others. I printed it out to follow while doing the computer work.

Your welcome and thank you to rex for finding a simpler solution in the flash program. You should get some random number movement while you move the scales even if you do not have them calibrated. What type and how many scales are you using?

Your welcome and thank you to rex for finding a simpler solution in the flash program. You should get some random number movement while you move the scales even if you do not have them calibrated. What type and how many

http://www.amazon.com/AccuRemote-ACCURACY-DIGITAL-READOUT-Stainless/dp/B006SNL0JIscales are you using?
the scales I have are AccuRemote for the x and y I do not have a Z axis installed yet
http://www.amazon.com/AccuRemote-ACCURACY-DIGITAL-READOUT-Stainless/dp/B006SNL0JI

So you are using the mixed scale build? What is your input type from the scale to your controller (USB, hard wired)? If you plug a scale into the x and the y do they both have the same results of no number changes?

Congrats on getting it working! Very nice write up MAlcocer. I was going to do pretty much the same thing, but have been working too long of hours and only had my phone. You did a more thorough job than I probably would have done.

That write up should help many people in the future, thank you for taking the time.

So you are using the mixed scale build? What is your input type from the scale to your controller (USB, hard wired)? If you plug a scale into the x and the y do they both have the same results of no number changes?
the scales have a cable that plugs into the small readout mini usb. I put usb “Mini USB Breakout Boards”. on to the MSP430

I must have missed where you said you got no movement. Yes, you should be able to move the table and get the numbers to change. They will be wrong, not being calibrated. I believe you should have used the Basic DRO firmware for Accuremote scales, and not the mixed version.

Which build did you follow Ed? Meaning did you do the basic MSP430 build or the mixed scale version?

That is exactly the problem then. Download the Basic Firmware, just above the mixed firmware, its version 1.31. That should place this file "DigitalReadoutBasic_v1.3.hex" in your down loads folder. Repeat steps 5 through 9 and instead of using "DigitalReadout_Universal_V0.3.hex" in step 8 and use this file instead "DigitalReadoutBasic_v1.3.hex"

Rex, sounds like he built the basic version. This should be fairly easy fix.

That is exactly the problem then. Download the Basic Firmware, just above the mixed firmware, its version 1.31. That should place this file "DigitalReadoutBasic_v1.3.hex" in your down loads folder. Repeat steps 5 through 9 and instead of using "DigitalReadout_Universal_V0.3.hex" in step 8 and use this file instead "DigitalReadoutBasic_v1.3.hex"

Rex, sounds like he built the basic version. This should be fairly easy fix.

IT IS NOW WORKING I will calibrate it thanks so much for your patience working with me.

Back