Dog breeds?

@rabler I would love to advocate for Portugese Water Dogs. There is a great PWD rescue society (easy to find with Google) That has a stellar reputation, but I think the waiting list is quite long (last time I checked)

Why? They are very human-o-centric; they were bread to bond to humans and do fishing chores for the fisherman. They very smart and can learn almost anything. They bond so well with humans that I used to walk my girl, in heat, without a leash (where it was legal). I never had a problem with her running off, THye can be taught to retrieve objects up to 10 feet deep in water.

Medium breed. about 45-50 lbs. They do NOT have fur, they have hair, which makes them far less allergenic than some other great breeds. They are very calm, and quiet (usually) I know of only one of 40 or so that was 'barky' and exitable. They need grooming once or twice a year.

The one in my profile pic is a Border-pit.
Smart and stubborn or dumb, all in one.
Kinda fat at 90lbs, but is a couch potato most of the time.

She was a rescue, so I'm not positive. They had a brother and sister my friends took the male and I got the female. Through the years I know I got the best of the 2. We both got many opinions from vets and wags. They definitely had some terrier and who knows what else? Mine had the coldest nose of any dog I've ever had. She was a absolute sweetheart and loved attention. She might lick you to death but would never bite. If you petted her she would show you where the valuables are and help you haul them out. She was not a watchdog. Not good at selfies anytime she got close to your face she was licking it . Keep in mind I have livestock and dogs love to eat manure. I've seen what they eat and don't want it on my face . View attachment 407930
what a lovely photo! Our foster sounds like that, super licker, bounces all over the place and very friendly. Loves water too.

Love Great Pyrenees! We have two in our rural neighborhood. They are the wandering darlings of our neighborhood. Very friendly and mellow. They come to visit us from time to time, get some treats and some attention then they go back home. I've always worried about traffic but they have been doing this for about 8 years now with no incidents.

This is a hard to answer question . We have a 300 acres farm out favorite dog breed is an Akida . That being said labs are great dogs they love every one and are great retrievers . We have a German shepherd that I love . What ever dog you pick let them pick you.

We rescued two dogs, both had health issues initially, so if you go that route might be wise to have a vet check up front, however we have had the latest one for 8 years he is now 14.

Our latest is simply the most compliant great natured good little boy you could ever hope for.

I had a mixed Lab/Terrier when I was a kid, very good natured and tough as nails, he would have done well on a farm. He really liked kids, would wait to hear the school bell and then go up and down the street just to intermingle with all the kids. All the kids new his name.

Back