Don't Know Where To Post This?

toolroom

Registered
Registered
Why...
Why is Hobby Machinist the most popular forum on the net? There are other forums but the amount of activity is close to nil!
The Hobby Machinist forum is by far and large the absolute best forum out of all, but...WHY?
toolroom

Simply put we do not allow the crap the other forums do. We help and have fun here. Those of us who are professionals do not play the rolls the others do. This Forum adheres to a level playing field.

"Billy G"

Whenever I encounter a great business, I put it down to leadership plain and simple. There is a code of conduct here and management ensures that we all follow it, and occasionally we may get a friendly reminder to perhaps be more appropriate.

This is a comfortable place where newbees with so called "stupid questions" (which really aren't), and may have been asked many times before, are treated with respect. Us hobbyists can rub shoulders with career machinists and enjoy what we do while sharing our accomplishments with pride and learning.

David

If you ask a question here someone will try to help you with an answer and not belittle you for not knowing.
I have asked some pretty dumb questions before and all I got was people trying (wanting) to help.
I do visit other forums sometimes but very seldom comment on them--just don't want the stuff that comes with some of their answers.

Hhmmm, O.K., Without looking at my profile (be that as it may) I don't remember when I joined, but recently I have been here much more often, and I really ENJOY the commradie (sp) . So hat's off to the moderators who keep The Hobby Machinist what it is today... Great!

It's quite friendly hear :)

Were all diferen't people but with the help of the admins we all manage to play nice and get along.

Text only comunication can be difficult, a slight error in grammer can cause un-intended infered insult. The friendly atmosphear of the group generaly stops that from happening though.

Stuart

It's the members of H-M that make the forum what it is. A really great bunch of folks. Nels has done a great job of setting the tone of this forum, but the members make it work the way it does. It doesn't take a heck of a lot of moderation to make it work smoothly.

Quite simply......Here there are no stupid questions. The people on here have all learned through the years that not everyone knows everything. I was a toolmaker for over 50yrs and have seen things on here I never did before. Not to mention I have also learned different ways to do stuff. I help where I can and will always do so when someone is willing to learn. As do most of us on this site.

Another great thing about this forum is the near total lack of brand snobbery. A member that's excited to finally have a mini mill, even if it's a clapped out Harbor Freight model, is not ridiculed for it. Love that aspect of this forum.

Another great thing about this forum is the near total lack of brand snobbery. A member that's excited to finally have a mini mill, even if it's a clapped out Harbor Freight model, is not ridiculed for it. Love that aspect of this forum.

We may get jealous though. But not ridicule anyone.

Back