Electrical wire protective sleeve

When I added optical homing to my Tormach and a 3 axis DRO to my lathe, I used the flexible conduit like is used with the Easson style glass DRO's.
On the Tormach, where I use flood coolant, I covered the conduit with oil resistant PVC tubing.

Thanks RJ. These look good,just a pity the shipping is almost double the price to SA,but I will search more.

Last edited:
Depending on how thick and long the wire is and if you can either remove it from the lathe or remove the plug end you could try looking up bulk rolls of wire shrink wrap. The wire will stay flexible and completely encased like the original casing. Plus it comes in a rainbow of color choices so your not stuck with the same boring stuff!

I have a big lathe and a big chip tray and the wire casing drags all along the tray,so I am not so positive that the heat shrink will last a long time. It should be cut proof and water proof,because I use flood cooling. But thanks for the link.

Considering the coolant usage you might be best served to do a combination of the shrink wrap for the waterproofing ability along with a protective braided cover!

Thanks RJ. These look good,just a pity the shipping is almost double the price to SA,but I will search more.
When I got mine, there were 12 five ft. lengths (different vendor).
You might try Aliexpress. Or maybe direct from China
https://www.flexconduit.com/stainless-steel-flexible-conduit/

Last edited:
Back